Which player you'll go back in time to see play?

S

Satan666

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I would see Viv Richards - best batsman I have ever seen. Never wore a helmet , even in 80's when they were common. He had such a swagger about him when walked out to bat, but backed it up by destroying the bowling

If I could transport teams back in time it would be taking Oz 90's/early 2000's back to Windies team of early 80's. Play 10 tests, 5 in Windies, 5 in Oz and see who really is best team of all time

B

Bigby Wolf

Tiger Pataudi aka Mansur Ali Khan Pataudi - A man who batted most of his career with one eye after an accident at age of 20 and captained the Indian side four months later prior to that made his debut for Sussex at the age of 16 considered as batting prodigy and what he would have done with complete sight is matter of conjecture.
Consider by many as one of India's greatest ever captain only 9 out of 46 test matches but more than anything else he made India play as a unit and as an Indian not as 'Hindu' or 'Muslim' or 'one from Madras' or 'Calcutta' or 'Mumbai'.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chauka Bangalore

School Cricketer
Australia-winning-side-2003.jpg

That would be the 2003 Australia's world cup team!
They were legends!!!!

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
If possible, I'd like to see Jeff Thomson bowl flat out at Viv Richards. Either that or I'd like to be in the ground for Duncan Spencer's famous spell against Glamorgan

VC the slogger

PlanetCricket Forever
India
AFG...
I'd go back to the 1890s for the chance to see Bart King and the mighty Philadelphians in all their glory making a mockery of Test lineups of the time. Second preference would be watching Bradman tackle bodyline in 1932/33.

B

Bigby Wolf

I would've liked to have seen Kapil Dev's 175 not out vs Zimbabwe at Turnbridge Wells at the 1983 World Cup. A true captain's knock played at a quintessentially English ground in Kent.
This was on my list too. What a pity it was that one of the great ODI/world cup innings was never recorded because the BBC had a strike on that day due to pay disputes.

S

Satan666

I'd go back to the 1890s for the chance to see Bart King and the mighty Philadelphians in all their glory making a mockery of Test lineups of the time. Second preference would be watching Bradman tackle bodyline in 1932/33.

I had to read up on Bart King and the Philadelphians, thanks for this piece of history.

Jenocide

Banned
Profile Flag
England
Ashes winning team in 2005 thoses lads were awesome and worked hard but it was a great series so respect to the Ozzies!!!

atmosphere in the grounds was electric so wish I have tickets to evwery day.

Monk1

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
An XI i'd want to go back and see...

Archie Jackson
Vijay Merchant
Stan McCabe
Wally Hammond
Keith Miller
Victor Trumper
Learie Constantine
Mike Procter