Which player you'll go back in time to see play?

qpeedore

SOTM Winner - July 2014
Ian Bishop was a very good bowler, and now an even better commentator. (In reference to some of the early posts in this thread.)

EDIT: I'm not sure why exactly...but for some reason whenever the West Indies are in the final of something...Ian Bishop and David Lloyd always seem to be paired at the end.)

I'd want to see Michael Holding in his prime. Even on YouTube with stump mics now coming into play you STILL can't hear him as he bowls. Whispering Death indeed.

Curtly Ambrose is my favourite cricketer EVER. I'd want to see him in his prime as well...I mean, see him in person that is. Saw him destroy batting attacks enough on TV. Would have loved to be in a pavilion seeing it for real.

Would like to have seen Sir Viv also. And Sobers. And Sonny Ramadhin...the rumour is that you could practically hear the ball fizzing with the spin as it was approaching the batsman. And yet the ball barely turned. (If Tony Cozier said it then it must be true...)

Would also go back in time to hear Richie Benaud and Tony Greig call a match...

Last edited:

qpeedore

SOTM Winner - July 2014
I'd also like to add Andy Roberts, Joel Garner, basically if you were a West Indian fast bowler in the late 80s...yeah I would wanna go back in time for that.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Sachin Tendulkar.

I grew up watching Tendulkar since early 90s. Haven't developed that craze on any other player after his retirement. There used to be several moments where I just turn off my TV or break something after his dismissal, those were my fun/emotional days of cricket experience!!

Samuels

Rally Round The West Indies
WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I have watched the all conquering Aussies of the late 90s and early 2000s play so I would love to watch the feared West Indies team of the 1970s and 80s. Sir Viv Richards in particular.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Sir Viv Richards in his prime would have been awesome to see

I only remember him from the 80's onwards. Played fearless, exciting cricket. When he was on, it didn't matter where you bowled, the ball was careering over the mid wicket boundary ....

S

Satan666

Ian Bishop was a very good bowler, and now an even better commentator. (In reference to some of the early posts in this thread.)

EDIT: I'm not sure why exactly...but for some reason whenever the West Indies are in the final of something...Ian Bishop and David Lloyd always seem to be paired at the end.)

I'd want to see Michael Holding in his prime. Even on YouTube with stump mics now coming into play you STILL can't hear him as he bowls. Whispering Death indeed.

Curtly Ambrose is my favourite cricketer EVER. I'd want to see him in his prime as well...I mean, see him in person that is. Saw him destroy batting attacks enough on TV. Would have loved to be in a pavilion seeing it for real.

Would like to have seen Sir Viv also. And Sobers. And Sonny Ramadhin...the rumour is that you could practically hear the ball fizzing with the spin as it was approaching the batsman. And yet the ball barely turned. (If Tony Cozier said it then it must be true...)

Would also go back in time to hear Richie Benaud and Tony Greig call a match...

I'd also like to add that Sonny Ramadhin admitted to chucking.

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I would love to go back and watch Imran Khan Play and also World Cup 1992.. those must have been good times to be a Pakistan Fan.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
I would love to go back and watch Imran Khan Play and also World Cup 1992.. those must have been good times to be a Pakistan Fan.

I did and it was great for Pakistani fans, not so for English fans

'Fight like cornered tigers...'

qpeedore

SOTM Winner - July 2014
Heard it on radio but I was rather young at the time...one of my first cricketing memories...Ambrose bowling to England at the Queen's Park Oval to get them out for 46. Will definitely go back to see that.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I'd love to see Hanif Mohammad's 337.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I would love to go watch Viv Richards bat and Wasim Akram bowl. True legends of the game.

Jenocide

Banned
Profile Flag
England
Ian Botham without a shodow of doubt would just love to see his unselfish batting and and superb bowling

Users who are viewing this thread