Who Is The Currently The Best Slip Fielder in the world?

Who is The Best Slip Fielder In The World?

• Rahul Dravid (spinners)

Votes: 11 55.0%
  • Vvs Laxman (Fast Bowlers)

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Matthew Hayden (Spin)

• Shane Warne (Fast Bowlers)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stephen Fleming(Fast Bowlers)

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Inzamam-Ul-Haq(Fast Bowlers)

• Andrew Flintoff (Fast Bowlers)

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Marcus Trescothick(Fast Bowlers)

• Mahela Jayawardane(spinners)

• Graeme Smith (Fast Bowlers)

• Total voters

Cricket_god

Associate Cricketer
Hello,
Who do you all think is the best slip fielder currently in world cricket?
i have decided to
divide it in to two categories one for fast bowlers and other for spinners.
i think for spinners rahul dravid is the best slip fielder and for fast bowlers vvs laxman. I also think that This Is The Only Aspect Of Cricket Where Australians Are Lagging Behind because in every match they play they drop 2 or 3 catches also there is a counterview they drop catches because there bowlers are so good you get so many chances you are bound to miss some.

Last edited:

bharat

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Dravid-the slip expert.
highest number of catches by an Indian in tests.

rahulk666

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Rahul Dravid is the best slip fielder for spinners. He has taken some stunning catches in slip and even leg slip area in Anil Kumble's bowling. If he can pull off such catches when Mr. Kumble is bowling then he got to be the best.

rahulk666

International Cricketer
andrew_nixon said:
Did you expect him to be in the poll, when it's about who is currently the best slip fielder in the world?
Thats true but if it was a poll for best slip fielder in modern times then M. Waugh and B. McMillan would be the best.

rahulk666

International Cricketer
BC Lara said:
If it was based on modern times, Lara and Hooper would make the list with their eyes closed. Hooper was brilliant.
Hooper was brilliant but not as brilliant as B. McMillan and M. Waugh. I know you will stick to your "West Indies Obsession", but, this is just my opinion. I respect your opinion and expect the same from you. Let's not make this thread the same as "Lara vs. Sachin" one.

BC Lara

School Cricketer
I'm not sticking with any West Indies obsession. I never compared Hooper and Lara to anybody, neither did I say Waugh and McMillan weren't good.

So read what I said again, I didn't intend to start some fuss over who's better, I simply stated that Lara and Hooper were excellent slip fielders.

Oh, and I'm West Indian by birth, so naturally you should expect some obsession, wouldn't you? But don't try putting words in my mouth.

jazz

Panel of Selectors
fleming is an excellent 1st slip catcher too has has taken some blinders

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Among the current, Rahul Dravid is the best right now. Amazing reflexes! If its the best slip fielder of all time, Mark Waugh would win it hands down! Hooper? he might have taken some great catches but i am sure most in this list would have taken far more greater catches than him. Lara could have been included in this list though i dont agree he is the best.

Mohammed Azharrudin can be in the list of all time best slip fielders!

Users who are viewing this thread