Who would you give M.O.T.M award to?

Who would you award the Man of the Match?

• Dalrymple

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • Chawla

Votes: 29 78.4%
  • Both (Joint M.O.T.M)

Votes: 3 8.1%

• Total voters

vindi18

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
In this particular situation, who is more deserving of Man of the Match award?

Dalrymple scores 216 off 267 balls (scored very fast, 2 other centuries in the innings as well)

vs

P Chawla scores 65 off 76 balls not out, then takes 6/53 and 5/49 (11 wickets total for the match)

* The match was won with a day to spare.

Attachments

• dal v chaw.jpg
    dal v chaw.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 219

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Considering you scored 702 on that wicket, for Chawla to take 11 wickets to bowl them out twice for under 250 a time, is very impressive. I'd have given it to Chawla personally. The ICC MOTM awards are pretty bugged though tbh, definitely favour the batsmen.

jacobfelix

International Coach
The ICC MOTM awards are pretty bugged though tbh, definitely favour the batsmen.

Also the intelligence is also bugged :p Sometimes it does happen, your opening fast bowler rips thru the top order with a 4 for 25.....then one more bowler comes along and gets the last 4 wkts for 20 runs and walks away with the Man of the Match :(

Sureshot

Executive member
Considering you scored 702 on that wicket, for Chawla to take 11 wickets to bowl them out twice for under 250 a time, is very impressive. I'd have given it to Chawla personally. The ICC MOTM awards are pretty bugged though tbh, definitely favour the batsmen.

That reflects reality, a lot of good bowling performances get overlooked.

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
Chawla because it was a great allround performance, and also because it was his bowling that won the match for his team, without his bowling it may have been a draw.

Jaztheman

Chairman of Selectors
Chawla for me. Batting out of his skin with his batting, but then bowling incredibly well for the reasons Dan stated. Both played very well though.

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
I dunno SS, I've seen a Victorian All Rounder (Jono Moss) get MOM despite not taking a wicket (or one at the most IIRC), because of a combination of economical bowling and great fielding.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
I'd have given it to Dalrymple. Mainly because he scored a match winning 200+ score.

The ICC MoM system will always give it to the person with runs. Its how its been since man used spears to catch food.

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I've got a kinda similar situation in which I don't agree with the MOTM award.

Pro40 game, Notts against Derbyshire. W Jefferson scores 127 off 95 balls out of a total of 313-9, and gets man of the match.
J Coetzee however, scores 25 off 12 balls, and takes 8-23 off 5.5 overs.

I would think that Coetzee's bowling performance definitely deserves the MOTM, but the computer disagrees.

Attachments

• MOTM.jpg
    MOTM.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 94

Owzat

International Coach
I'd say the game was a farce, not just because one side scored 700+ and the other scored less than 250 in either innings, but because it was GLAMORGAN :rolleyes:

Clearly Chawla's performance was outstanding given his side scored freely, but then who's to say the pitch hadn't deteriorated, Leicestershire underperformed and didn't have a spinner. (do Leicestershire have a decent spinner?) This is the call of a computer and they do tend to favour runs over wickets. Many a time I've had someone score say 50 and take 3-4 wickets in each innings and someone scoring 100+ gets the MOTM. I guess it is difficult to properly weigh up the value of wickets, very easy to say who scored most runs. If a spinner took three wickets in the first innings of a match and another took five in the fourth innings, would you say the latter was the better achievement because he took more wickets or the former because he took wickets in less helpful conditions?

rumblah

Club Cricketer
Chawla for me, although I generally think the bowling is what wins you matches. To take 11 wickets after scoring over 700 is an amazing feat.

age of the fall

International Cricketer
Another Batting performance rewarded over Bowling.

Backstory​

Playing as England in the Ashes 2007. First two tests where Drawn

AShesTest3.jpg

Monty Panasar took 11/150 and Ian Bell scored 181 and 17 and got MOTM

Monty 7/77 in the first innings helped us retain a 100 run lead over Aussie going into the second innings. and Bells 181 helped us to win the match but wasn't as necessary in my opinion.

I think Panasar deserved it. How about you?

Users who are viewing this thread