The PlanetCricket View: Why is Matt Wade still in the waiting line?

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
Much as I hate to believe Rodney Hogg...yeah it does seem a bit grim for Paine's keeping future. At least he'll be focusing on the batting now, and with none of the young guys really grabbing a spot (bar Warner) there are middle order batting spots available if Paine can make enough runs. We already know the selectors love what he brings to the dressing room, I personally like the way he batted in his couple of Tests - someone who won't give his wicket away easily. I'd love to see him do well, either coming back as keeper or making it as a batter.

And yeah the competitor keepers now get a chance to step up. I'm sure Haddin will play the ODIs, so any big decisions will have to wait until the summer is done and the WI tour squad is named.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Damn that terrible news for Paine man

El Loco

PCPF Mod Chief Superintendent
ENG....
Well, he got his chance, made a brilliant 72 off 43 and picked up Man of the Match, are we all happy now? :thumbs

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
Some will be happy - that Wade's innings is somehow 'proof' that Brad Haddin's done. Funny how people were saying that Haddin had been dropped for this match - not true, he's RETIRED from T20Is... Anyway, it's not proof of anything, only that Australia has strong keeping stocks and Wade can do the job when he's need.

El Loco

PCPF Mod Chief Superintendent
ENG....
Some will be happy - that Wade's innings is somehow 'proof' that Brad Haddin's done. Funny how people were saying that Haddin had been dropped for this match - not true, he's RETIRED from T20Is... Anyway, it's not proof of anything, only that Australia has strong keeping stocks and Wade can do the job when he's need.

Yes, I agree with you, this is true.
But aren't we all complaining about why Wade doesn't feature regularly in the Starting XI of Aus? Now that he has had his chance and has performed and proved himself on the big stage, the answer to the question of this thread is apparent: He isn't anymore :thumbs

Users who are viewing this thread