Why should I buy Ashes Cricket ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thivakar

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Convince me. I bought and played DBC 14 and loved it, played mostly with Pro-Cam with no trackers. It had its ups and down but it was simply the best cricket game. Played DBC 17 at my nephew's house and quite didn't like it.

I'm about 90% into buying Ashes Cricket, but having last minute thoughts. I don't really care about graphics or commentary, I know how small the cricket gaming market is. I know that if Ashes Cricket does well we probably will end up getting World Cup 2019. As a career mode lover, what is it different from DBC 14 ? Can you only play for Australian and English FC teams or is there one for every country? How many batting actions are there ? How many bowling actions are there ? If i choose a leggie, do I only get one leggie action or is there multiple actions for a Leggie ?

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Ashes Cricket is probably the best cricket game so far.
if you are a cricket fan then I don't know why you are having doubts about buying it.
Career mode I believe is a bit better then DBC14 and there are 5 batting styles to choose from I believe.
Also England and Australia are licensed with bats and stadiums.
There are not many bowling action to choose and the 3 fast bowling actions are kind of the same but it's not a big deal.
Plus we need to support Big Ant so they can make more fantastic cricket games in the future.

chaman82

County Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Convince me. I bought and played DBC 14 and loved it, played mostly with Pro-Cam with no trackers. It had its ups and down but it was simply the best cricket game. Played DBC 17 at my nephew's house and quite didn't like it.

I'm about 90% into buying Ashes Cricket, but having last minute thoughts. I don't really care about graphics or commentary, I know how small the cricket gaming market is. I know that if Ashes Cricket does well we probably will end up getting World Cup 2019. As a career mode lover, what is it different from DBC 14 ? Can you only play for Australian and English FC teams or is there one for every country? How many batting actions are there ? How many bowling actions are there ? If i choose a leggie, do I only get one leggie action or is there multiple actions for a Leggie ?

If ur main area of concern is pro cam batting without HUD ,
Just a little bit more work is required in that area

Like sight screen issues, Chek ur guard option and the reb dark ball color against the greyish white screen.

Overall much better than dbc14. And 17

rowe

School Cricketer
Career mode starts you off in no-name regional league (they've added tons of leagues, like, you can play in Afghanistan if you want) and then you work your way towards selection in domestic teams and finally up to Test selection status. But that's not all - you can get recruited to play in T20 leagues like IPL, etc. There's stat tracking for your player, and you can also see the overall statistics for any league or tournament you play in to compare yourself against others. There's additional stuff like working towards earning captaincy of your side which unlocks tactical options, and also the lineups change and players come and go based on performance. You earn points to put towards your player as normal. Over all, career mode is deeper than 14, so if you enjoyed 14, you're going to love this even more.

IsaacCricketer

Club Captain
It depends how much you value statistics, because this has been a serious issue since DBC17 and still hasn't been addressed. However, the gameplay is brilliant, the career mode is very enjoyable, and the overall graphics of the game are fantastic.

Mitchell

Panel of Selectors
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
It depends how much you value statistics, because this has been a serious issue since DBC17 and still hasn't been addressed. However, the gameplay is brilliant, the career mode is very enjoyable, and the overall graphics of the game are fantastic.
I’m a huge stats person myself and have addressed the issue that is only in comp that not really a issue more of a down the future things what other issues u having

IsaacCricketer

Club Captain
I’m a huge stats person myself and have addressed the issue that is only in comp that not really a issue more of a down the future things what other issues u having

Its the issue where your highest score is recorded as a not out and in some cases records the wrong highest score for players resulting in skewed stats. It was the same issue last year.

thivakar

School Cricketer
Bought em. Played a 5 over match and I prefer the classic control better. Looks good so far.

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@IsaacCricketer When you mention about stats issue that has been still from DBC 17, what do you mean by that ?

@Cricket Life

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
He has bought the game and was "convinced" no need for this thread to be open correct? @PresidentEvil @zwarrior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread