IPL Will Sangakkarra drop his buddy for the in-form Marsh?

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
TBH, having an overseas captain at all is a stupid idea. There are only 4 spots available. A captain is indispensable for the entire season (since they don't change captains mid-season unless he has to leave, is injured or is banned) so he can be as out of form as possible but he'd still be in the XI and wasting one of those 4 spots.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Any overseas legends that are either a) retired or b) have the entire season to devote to the IPL is a candidate in my book. Added to that, they must actually be 'good' at the whole T20/captaincy thing. Sanga doesn't fit that imo.

P

pcfan123

Meh winning or losing does not matter in the IPL, he will get his paycheck and that is all he cares about. Can't blame him, its not about winning, its about making money.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
He got docked 140K for the over rates! :eek:

Idk, Gilchrist, Warne, Symonds have rated their IPL victories up their with World Cups. People can remain cynical but it's still good and important cricket for the players and fans alike.

P

pcfan123

Please, Warnie, Gilly and Symonds have become the biggest tools in the world. Case in point, Warne calling Yusufs innings the greatest he has seen. Ive seen all the interviews on Indian television and the IPL hype shows where Gilly and the lot read scripted answers to questions, its beyond pathetic.

Params7

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Maybe Warne just caught up in the heat of the moment when he said that? I means he's the Captain of the side that won the 1st IPL so its not unreasonable to think he is really, really fond of his team and its players.

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I never really rated Sangakkara as a good T20 player tbh. Started to take him seriously when he blasted India in the T20 games in India a few months back.

The biggest problem for KXIP is not the inclusion of Jayawardene. They dont really have players in any sort of form. Bopara has been OK IMO, nothing as special. Also where is VRV Singh? I do remember him vividly from the 1st seasondont know where he is gone. Pathan should also be promoted up the order as he is in much better form then Sanga or Yuvi

Users who are viewing this thread