Will we ever see grass stains and cherry stains from shining the ball on pants?

Would you like this added to the game?

• Total voters

Green Thimb

School Cricketer
Hey there.

I am curious to know if that sometime in the future or maybe in the next cricket game that for a little more realism we will see grass stains on players pants from sliding around on the ground and where players have been shining the ball. Im starting to see in games like nba etc that players sweat can been seen and you get the sense that your character has just played a full game of basketball. I think stuff like grass stains from where your character has slid to save a boundary or red cherry stains from shining the ball all day would give us players a more realistic feeling that our cricket characters have been out there all day playing.

What do you guys think?

Hester

County Cricketer
Hey there.

I am curious to know if that sometime in the future or maybe in the next cricket game that for a little more realism we will see grass stains on players pants from sliding around on the ground and where players have been shining the ball. Im starting to see in games like nba etc that players sweat can been seen and you get the sense that your character has just played a full game of basketball. I think stuff like grass stains from where your character has slid to save a boundary or red cherry stains from shining the ball all day would give us players a more realistic feeling that our cricket characters have been out there all day playing.

What do you guys think?

I've seen grass stains - I'm sure I have. No red marks though.

Hester

County Cricketer
Really? Which game did you see the grass stains in? I've never seen any but 100% going to be paying closer attention now

I was playing the Ashes Series and noticed it on a fielder's lower leg as he ran towards a boundary after another aussie 4. It's the only time I've seen it though!

Nathaus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Adopting frostbite game engine would be awesome.
Never. Going. To Happen.

I don't get this constant obsession with the Frostbite engine. What makes you think Frostbite would suit a cricket game? It's primarily used for FPS/Action type games and exclusive to games published by EA.
FIFA and Rory McIlroy are two sports games that use it. You never see a swing and a miss in either game. Also, the flight of a golf ball or a football are also very consistent and predictable. If it was an easy conversion, EA would have done it by now and cashed in. No one would be able to afford the licencing fee for frostbite and then invest to make a decent cricket game if EA can't even do it.

bl8000

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Never. Going. To Happen.

I don't get this constant obsession with the Frostbite engine. What makes you think Frostbite would suit a cricket game? It's primarily used for FPS/Action type games and exclusive to games published by EA.
FIFA and Rory McIlroy are two sports games that use it. You never see a swing and a miss in either game. Also, the flight of a golf ball or a football are also very consistent and predictable. If it was an easy conversion, EA would have done it by now and cashed in. No one would be able to afford the licencing fee for frostbite and then invest to make a decent cricket game if EA can't even do it.

Yeah frostbite is great for the journey and the madden longshot story mode. But frostbite everywhere else seems to be making the actual gameplay janky and controller input less responsive.

Green Thimb

School Cricketer
Cool, but if Adam Zampa has an alice band I would like to have one for my career player...!
That would be nice. i would also like if we could switch between helmets and hats during batting and more customization with creating characters.[DOUBLEPOST=1513984817][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yeah frostbite is great for the journey and the madden longshot story mode. But frostbite everywhere else seems to be making the actual gameplay janky and controller input less responsive.
Call me a noob but what games use the frostbite engine and why is it good? Im not that great with the technical side of games.

bl8000

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
That would be nice. i would also like if we could switch between helmets and hats during batting and more customization with creating characters.[DOUBLEPOST=1513984817][/DOUBLEPOST]
Call me a noob but what games use the frostbite engine and why is it good? Im not that great with the technical side of games.

I think it’s these
Battlefield 4
Battlefield hardline
Battlefield 1
Madden 18
Fifa 18
Rory pga golf
Mass effect andromeda
Need for speed payback
Star wars battlefront
Dragon age
Plants and zombies
Nba live 18

It’s a good engine for cutscenes, I find it atrocious in sports games, the collision system seems terrible and you get all these clowny ragdoll physics, it seems to bog down under heavy AI animation. If you are playing a shooter it’s good because it can create very nice environments and the less intensive programming routines in a shooter it handles well.
Fifa looks incredible, accurate stadiums, kits, cutscenes are movie like. But handling 22 AI players and the way they interact with each other causes immediate issues with controller input.

If in Ashes it would instantly make the game environments look better, the lighting would be improved, a slower game like Ashes without as much concurrent onfield action would probably play decently as well.

It’s really all down to the programmers and what they can do with the engine.

It’s owned by ea so it will never be in ashes unless EA buy BA. ea has been rumbling about making a cricket game but not much info on it or if it’s even happening.

Green Thimb

School Cricketer
I think it’s these
Battlefield 4
Battlefield hardline
Battlefield 1
Madden 18
Fifa 18
Rory pga golf
Mass effect andromeda
Need for speed payback
Star wars battlefront
Dragon age
Plants and zombies
Nba live 18

It’s a good engine for cutscenes, I find it atrocious in sports games, the collision system seems terrible and you get all these clowny ragdoll physics, it seems to bog down under heavy AI animation. If you are playing a shooter it’s good because it can create very nice environments and the less intensive programming routines in a shooter it handles well.
Fifa looks incredible, accurate stadiums, kits, cutscenes are movie like. But handling 22 AI players and the way they interact with each other causes immediate issues with controller input.

If in Ashes it would instantly make the game environments look better, the lighting would be improved, a slower game like Ashes without as much concurrent onfield action would probably play decently as well.

It’s really all down to the programmers and what they can do with the engine.

It’s owned by ea so it will never be in ashes unless EA buy BA. ea has been rumbling about making a cricket game but not much info on it or if it’s even happening.

Ahh yes i see, And with EA not seeing much profit in cricket games you are right. I don't think we will see it for a long time. Would be cool though. Because atm when i play a day night game at Adelaide oval come night time you can not tell that it is. Just looks like dusk

Late-Cut

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Adopting frostbite game engine would be awesome.
Unless there is a RPG mode like "The Journey", i dont think frostbite engine could bring something new for a cricket game. Frostbite is boosted for games like Dragon Age Inquisition or Battlefield 1.

Users who are viewing this thread