Willow.tv announces monthly subscription at $15/mo

I am getting more and more impressed. All they need now is a UI facelift and I will be satisfied.

Wow, Willow is stepping up rapidly. Thats awesome! If the buffering is minimal on the iPod/iPhone, then I can connect my iPod/iPhone to the TV and watch the game on TV. Is it the HQ stream on the iPod device too?

Watching the stream (the 'Adaptive' version) on my iTouch 3G so far. Its a long shot of the ground which is almost empty but I can see some movements in the people who are still in the ground. The stream length stays at 00:00 and doesnt move at all.

Edit: OK, now the official feed with the commentary is on. AWESOME boy AWESOME!

Tried it out on my iPhone. The max quality on the iPhone stream is 500k. Didn't get any buffering when I was viewing it.

Tried it out on my iPhone. The max quality on the iPhone stream is 500k. Didn't get any buffering when I was viewing it.

Should look better on the iTouch 4 screen, right? Wireless-N also on the iTouch 4. Right now, I am watching the CLT20 semifinal too, and so far no buffering at all. BRILLIANT!

How much of data does this eat? AT&T have stopped their unlimited 3G data plans and so watching this on AT&T 3G wont be a feasible option with 200MB and 2GB data plans. But this is a huge stepup by Willow. I can now happily dump my illegal cricket stream provider (I was paying $10 there) for Willow which is legal and costs only $5 more for all these goody features.

No buffering but it seems to be quite behind the 'actual' score. in today's CL final, my iPhone showed Aleem Dar still trying to get the sightscreen set while Cricinfo had the first over done at 10/0.

Still, fantastic to have carrying around all the time.

@Mark, don't quote me but it MIGHT work on Android. Usually iPhone video sites worked on my G1. But this might be different!

Willow streams crapped out on me during the final, one of the streams was showing an older match and the other 2 were stuck.

Really pissed, for as much money they make their layout and customer service is really tweaking mickey mouse. Twice they locked me out of my account for "multiple logins" even though they admit its from the same tweaking IP!

Yeah, i got fuzzed up streams at the end too. Its aight tho, Willow is better than everything else that is offered.

Provided the HQ streams work then yes, otherwise there are more cheaper alternatives albeit illegal.

Willow is improving though, so that is a good sign. Just wish they would stop randomly showing other matches, I felt like slapping someone today when the stream went out. This is not the 1st time either, I threw a small party in 2007 for the 1st match of the Inaugural World Twenty20, got about 15 people over in the night to watch the game that took place early tht morning, and the Willow replay cut out after 18 minutes! I wrote them the most profanity laced letter I have ever written anyone and they gave me a $20 credit

Yeah, today when Vijay was about to become the golden bat winner by scoring 51 run, the streams went haywire. I even sent an e-mail to Willow asking them to correct it ASAP because the winning moments were near. But after 10-15 mins, everything was back up and normal operations resumed. Willow are testing out the 1mbps stream now and so their other streams could also be affected while the testing is going on. I am confident they will minimise these minor issues to the point where it doesnt happen anymore.

I AM IN LOVE WITH WILLOW! For $15 (this month, its actually $5), its great to watch all cricket and on different devices. I am getting a universal Apple dock soon so that I can connect my iTouch to the TV. Only thing is it costs $50.:mad: Anyone know of other options to connect my iTouch 3G to the TV? I have iOS 4.1 (jailbroken) installed.

SaiSrini added 3 Minutes and 11 Seconds later...

No buffering but it seems to be quite behind the 'actual' score. in today's CL final, my iPhone showed Aleem Dar still trying to get the sightscreen set while Cricinfo had the first over done at 10/0.

Still, fantastic to have carrying around all the time.

Their flash stream was well ahead of their other two 500kbps streams. But still, they can reduce the lag in the time even more to get it as close to the "actual live match" as possible. Though it doesnt matter to me because I never open Cricinfo or any scorecards while watching the live stream.

SaiSrini added 2 Minutes and 7 Seconds later...

Provided the HQ streams work then yes, otherwise there are more cheaper alternatives albeit illegal.

Is anyone offering it for $5/month with very minimal buffering and 500kbps streaming? I used an illegal site till Willow came up with this offer, for $10/month and they had the 500kbps streams too. But for an additional $5/month and watching it legally with guaranteed highlights/replays/archives, Willow has to be the best for us. I am just waiting for them to make sure they cover all their matches on Dish Network when they is overlap between games (for e.g. Eng vs PAK going on when CSK vs Warriors was also on, and Willow channel on Dish decided to telecast Eng vs PAK:mad:)

I pay 15 for Willow a month, If 5 is a limited time promotional deal you are getting then its not a good basis for comparison. Im comparing the standard price of 15.

I agree willow is better, I'm just saying there is loads of room for improvement.

I pay 15 for Willow a month, If 5 is a limited time promotional deal you are getting then its not a good basis for comparison. Im comparing the standard price of 15.

I agree willow is better, I'm just saying there is loads of room for improvement.

No, I was also using the original $15/month price for comparison. Paying $5 additional money for legal streaming, highlights, replays, archives, etc is not a big deal at all. If an illegal provider provides it for $5/month on all times, it might be a deal breaker. Now illegal providers will be forced to lower costs to beat competition from Willow.

To reply to the data plan question, technically Willow advertises a stream of 500kbps = 62.5 KB/s = 0.061 MB/s. This means that on the 200 MB per month plan, you could watch 3278 seconds of cricket, which is about 55 minutes.

To reply to the data plan question, technically Willow advertises a stream of 500kbps = 62.5 KB/s = 0.061 MB/s. This means that on the 200 MB per month plan, you could watch 3278 seconds of cricket, which is about 55 minutes.

Which means you can watch about 560 minutes or about 9 hrs on a 2GB plan which is $25/month. Thats not too bad. Watching a game on 3G should not be the regular way of usage. Wi-fi should be used 99.9% of the time.

Users who are viewing this thread