Windows 8 Consumer Preview on Virtual PC.

Aswin8

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
You have dual booted?
if so you can format that disk. :rolleyes

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Yes I have dual booted. Will just formatting be enough or before that will I need to change some settings elsewhere too?

Aswin8

Chairman of Selectors
Anyway set windows 7 as default booting windows before formatting it.No other problems.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Yes I have dual booted. Will just formatting be enough or before that will I need to change some settings elsewhere too?

As long as your primary operating system is set to the one you used to have before, just formatting that Windows 8 partition should be enough. If thats not the case, Google for "change primary operating system" and you should get tips on how to change your primary OS back to your previous one.

AbBh

Panel of Selectors
Don't like the metro interface on the desktop. And I'm not sure if tablet users will be able to use the traditional desktop with the touch screen. They might have been better off developing separate OSes instead of developing one OS that tries to be everything for everyone.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Well,but still we cant have the old start menu.isn't it?

I think it looks quite ugly to be honest - I much prefer the way I use Windows 7: completely blank desktop, slideshow wallpapers, and everything else I need in the taskbar or Start Menu.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Don't like the metro interface on the desktop. And I'm not sure if tablet users will be able to use the traditional desktop with the touch screen. They might have been better off developing separate OSes instead of developing one OS that tries to be everything for everyone.

Microsoft are probably punting on desktops of the future being touch screen based.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
I hope that comes into gaming as well, for games like Total War. And it would put an end to mouse related RSI problems.

zeustrojanstark

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
The 'Charm' is one important feature of the windows 8.Metro UI looks good but its like a total integration of facebook,twitter and others which does not suit a common user.Everything is like an application which looks kiddish.

Users who are viewing this thread