Windows Vista Pricing Announced.

Burma's Finest

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
Pricing plans for the forthcoming launch of Microsoft's new Windows Vista operating system have recently been released. This is what we're in for:
* Windows Vista Home Basic Edition - Upgrade: $99, New: $199
* Windows Vista Home Premium Edition - Upgrade: $159, New: $239
* Windows Vista Business Edition - Upgrade: $199, New: $299
* Windows Vista Ultimate Edition - Upgrade: $259, New: $399
[Source: GameSpy PC]

Additionally, the System Requirements are reported by Microsoft to be as follows:

Running Windows Vista, at its most basic, will require:

* 800MHz processor (CPU)
* 512 MB of main system memory (RAM)
* A DirectX 9 graphics card

For the full user experience, including the Aero Glass interface, you'll need at least:

* 1 GHz processor (CPU)
* 1 GB of system memory (RAM)
* A 128MB DirectX 9 graphics card
* 40GB of hard drive space with 15GB of additional free space
* DVD drive
* Audio output capability
* Internet access
[Source: Microsoft]

So, in short, if you don't have a DX9 card already, you're going to need one just to run Windows before too long. What are you waiting for? :p

Hariz

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hmmm....the prices are a bit on the higher side for an OS but perhaps its worth it. I do meet the requirements but I shall wait some more time before upgrading to Vista.

F4rrukh

Panel of Selectors
40GB of hard drive space with 15GB of additional free space :eek:

What do they mean?! They mean that the windows will take 40 gb and then 15 gb aditional for other temporary stuff?! :eek:, i am ok with XP.

blackleopard92

Panel of Selectors
RC1 takes 10 Gb installation.so min 15 Gb is required

As for min requirement thing.if u meet the meet recommended requirements, I say go for vista.
it performs better than Xp, particularly in games.where u can easily get 10-15FPS boost by switching to vista!

Last edited:

F4rrukh

Panel of Selectors
i have got better than the minimum requirements.., it says 800 mhz i have 2.5 ghz but for full requirements i dont have a 1gb ram :(, i have a 512 mb one..

y2j826

International Captain<br><a href="http://www.plane
Windows XP is the best ever windows we have ever got, about vista first its pricing is so high and then need high system requirements, peoples wont go for vista at least not in recent time

D

Deleted member 11215

prices dont seem that bad tbh but why get windows vista when u could just get windows vista theme for XP like ive got?

gaurav_indian

International Coach
duded64 said:
prices dont seem that bad tbh but why get windows vista when u could just get windows vista theme for XP like ive got?
I think its not about themes only.It includes DirectX 10,security will be better,and couple of other features too.

y2j826

International Captain<br><a href="http://www.plane
gaurav_indian said:
I think its not about themes only.It includes DirectX 10,security will be better,and couple of other features too.

Direct X 10 ok u can say that, but about security i havent faced any prob when someone has stolen my identity or faced virus problems there are lot of anti virus and firewalls and just for direct X 10 it dont seems prices r good one, vista is especially for developers cuz it includes all the developing software bundeled in it at least that one was the news a time ago.

blackleopard92

Panel of Selectors
gaurav_indian said:
it's core has been heavily modified. It takes better adbvantage of dual cores.
It is a 64 bit Windows!what more do u want?

gaurav_indian

International Coach
blackleopard92 said:
it's core has been heavily modified. It takes better adbvantage of dual cores.
It is a 64 bit Windows!what more do u want?
I know that plz explain it to y2j826 and duded.They r the ones who wants to know about Vista. :D

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
I'm having second thoughts on getting Windows Vista... Although I want it I guess I can just buy a new computer with Media Center or something. In addition, the prices for just the OS are so high, add one the computers price as well!!! It's going to be extremely expensive!

langerrox

International Coach
shravi said:
I'm having second thoughts on getting Windows Vista... Although I want it I guess I can just buy a new computer with Media Center or something. In addition, the prices for just the OS are so high, add one the computers price as well!!! It's going to be extremely expensive!
are you kidding ? prices too high? they are less than what windows XP are now!!!

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Oh ok. Then I am gettting it for sure. Thanks for clearing that up langerrox. Boy, I'm stupid!

Users who are viewing this thread