Assassins Creed II & Brotherhood

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The tombs were tough, but damn, they were fun! AC 2 has easily the best platforming in any game, and these were a good way to enjoy it.

I tried playing the game again after a year but it was pretty boring, so I stopped after the first assassination.

I know it gets boring sometime but the last few hours of the game are purely amazing. Ending is alone worth all the trouble. The big revelation is so unreal that when the cutscene finish, you and your character both would simultaneously say :"What the fearsome tweak:eek: " :p

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
I know it gets boring sometime but the last few hours of the game are purely amazing. Ending is alone worth all the trouble. The big revelation is so unreal that when the cutscene finish, you and your character both would simultaneously say :"What the fling:eek: " :p

The ending was all right, I did like the "What the fling" element of it.

It's just that I guess it's not the sort of game that you can play twice, as it gets boring like it did for me. You've got to be a big fan like nightprowler to like it the second time.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Man I hated that killing Pastor on top of tower mission. He just vanished so many times that I had to replay it at least 8 times to finally get hands on that old bigger.

nightprowler10

Executive member
Man I hated that killing Pastor on top of tower mission. He just vanished so many times that I had to replay it at least 8 times to finally get hands on that old bigger.

You mean the one in the DLC in Florence? Or the one that's surrounded by all those towers in Monticello (I think).

nightprowler10

Executive member
Really? Thought it was easy to actually get him once you made it over to that tower. Just gotta make sure you get behind him when you pull Ezio up so he doesn't take off right away. Gotta go all splinter cell on most of these assassinations as much as possible and they get easier.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
I actually found him in very first attempt but slipped on edge and fell below. After that it took 5-6 attempts to find him there. The mission was easy but just hated to go all up and not see him there.

nightprowler10

Executive member
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood; the first game of the franchise that is nearly impossible to put down. Has another flinged up ending too. Makes you want the next installment like, tomorrow.

They've implemented a 'full synchronization' bit that makes so much sense that I can't believe no one thought of it before. Basically you have to perform missions the way Ezio performed them 500 years ago to achieve 100% sync. A real pain at times but an added bit of challenge and as I said, it makes sense. The actual brotherhood aspect is probably my favorite upgrade this series has seen. They're recruited by Ezio after rescuing them from the Borgia guards, and then trained by sending them off to missions in different countries. Anyway, you basically just sit on a bench and order your assassins to take out someone in waves or just rain down arrows. Having said that, they don't have a big impact on the story as you'd think reading the title...

They've also done a very good job of building on all the features we saw in AC2, mostly just expanding them. Combat is better and more fluid. Its ridiculous fun to get an execution streak going on the various types of guards. The villain, Cesare, is a complete ███████, and a very mysterious character at the same time.

We get to play as Desmond a LOT more than ever, and the ending sets his role up nicely for the next game.

Off to multiplayer now, and to rebuild the whole of Roma!

Gurjot95

National Board President
Ratings? Gamespot gave it 8.5 while IGN 8.0 but I think it deserves more after reading various reviews though I haven't played the game yet so can't say anything.

nightprowler10

Executive member
I don't want to rate it until I've done more. I've only played a little bit of multiplayer and haven't done a lot of the other assignments in the game. The main story itself is as good AC2 so it gets 8.5-9/10 for me.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Is it me or this game is small as compared to AC II. I have completed 4 sequence and am basically half way in sequence 5. Which means I have half finished the main story line.

In terms of story I would rate AC II better. The brotherhood and upgraded weapons though makes combat fun in this one.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
I love this game, but I still found AC II much more fun.

I don't really like the multi at all, but I'm playing it anyway as you have to reach level 50 for the platinum. I also have to replay the story as two trophies wouldn't unlock:facepalm...

The campaign is fun and feels a bit different to AC II.

Users who are viewing this thread