Women's Internationals

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Not a big fan of the Indian girls taking a round of the stadium post the 2nd T20. They had just won a single game, not an entire series.

Its in poor light, tbh! See, what happened thereafter- they meekly lost the next game.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Not a big fan of the Indian girls taking a round of the stadium post the 2nd T20. They had just won a single game, not an entire series.

Its in poor light, tbh! See, what happened thereafter- they meekly lost the next game.
I think that's largely a thank you to the fans - there was 45,000 there. That's practically double what English grounds can hold at capacity.

Bevab

Staff Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I’m really not liking the decision to select Shafali in this squad. She’s clearly a level or two above the rest and it takes away the opportunity for another player who could have made their career here instead.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
I’m really not liking the decision to select Shafali in this squad. She’s clearly a level or two above the rest and it takes away the opportunity for another player who could have made their career here instead.
I could see two arguments; one it means she gets some practice in South Africa before the World Cup (although they have a tri series against South Africa and West Indies anyway). Second is India just really want to win tournaments.

England opted not to send Freya Kemp and Alice Capsey before they got injured.

Each country has their own priorities, I guess.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Some good aggressive cricket on display- U19 World Cup. Unlike the senior counterparts, the teenagers are really turning it on here.

I was frankly amazed by the attitude and the 'We Can Win' motto on display. With senior competitions, you sense a meek-ness among the non-Australia/ England teams.

i admit, I was not in favour of them introducing this format for U-19. The longer I think about it, I feel it makes sense and provides more opportunities to the women-as they are more or less relegated to playing only 2 formats.

pillowprocter

Panel of Selectors
ZIM...
SCO....
Islamabad
Profile Flag
Uganda
Honestly this decision to pick Shafali is just seeming more and more ridiculous. Surely they don't want to win this much.

It takes away the competitiveness from this tournament, India are way too overpowered. She's played 74 senior internationals already, which is more than some women's cricketers get in their careers. I understand picking players that have already been capped in senior cricket, but this is taking it too far. I think smaller nations like Rwanda and USA can get a pass since they have a much shallower talent pool. India is a talent gold mine, I'm sure they can select an opener with no international experience here and still win.

Users who are viewing this thread