Women's Internationals

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
The A team gave the Aussies a Jon-Balling

And the full team gave the Australia A side one too.

pillowprocter

Panel of Selectors
ZIM...
SCO....
Islamabad
Profile Flag
Uganda
The A team gave the Aussies a Jon-Balling

And the full team gave the Australia A side one too.

Thanks for this, I was really confused as to which match was going on. Turns out it was both :p

pillowprocter

Panel of Selectors
ZIM...
SCO....
Islamabad
Profile Flag
Uganda
Crazy how Aus women can leave out players like Megan Schutt in a heartbeat while she would be a fixture in most other teams

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Good to get a result in a test match, shame it went to Australia. Match was a little slow at times - classic English flat pitch. Some outstanding performances from Sutherland, Beaumont, Ecclestone and Ashleigh Gardner taking 8 wickets in the second innings was a hell of a performance.

Going to be tough now for England to win the Ashes, I think Australia need just two wins from the next six matches to retain.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Going to be tough now for England to win the Ashes, I think Australia need just two wins from the next six matches to retain.
?? What does that mean?

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Women's Ashes uses multi-format points system.

Test match = 4 pts
T20 & ODI = 2 pts each

So, 8 points is enough for a tied series which would mean Australia retain the Ashes.
Nice, I did not know that! We should be using this point system across all bi-laterals for men's game too.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Nice, I did not know that! We should be using this point system across all bi-laterals for men's game too.
I agree. I'd sooner see a Multi Format Championship instead of a Super League or World Test Championship. Series could be played for different amounts of points depending on the countries (minimum 2 test, max 5). It'd make two-test match series worthwhile if they are part of a bigger series and you could have a 1 test, 3 ODI, 3 T20 final.

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
Gardner really mowed England like a Gardener! LMAO xD

Last edited:

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
It is incredible how overlooked Tammy Beaumont's achievements are about to be after Ash Gardner's eight-for today.

She scored her double-century in the Test match, but this was her second double-century in the space of ten days. The warm-up game doesn't count as a women's first-class game because the ECB in their infinite wisdom made them 13-a-side, but if they had done then Tammy Beaumont would have just hit two out of only 14 women's first-class double centuries of time. England Women's 650 in the warm-up may also be the highest score of all time by a women's cricket team: the women's first class list tops out at 596. There is a pretty solid argument that no women's batter has ever batted better than Beaumont did in the last fortnight.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Big win for Sri Lanka over New Zealand in an ODI series. Two centuries from Chamari Athapaththu in both victories including 140 from 80 balls today. Don't know if it says much about where the two teams are other than Sri Lanka are desperately dependent on Chamari playing well to win.

Users who are viewing this thread