Women's Internationals

Skankhunt_42

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Agree, still beats me that they won the first ever ICC 'Knockout' in 1998 (Men's team though)
Bollocks... I went back to SA WC semi loss...hence posted the above (deleted now)... can't really recall their 1998 glory (grown too old may be...).. might find a highlights somewhere..

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Bollocks... I went back to SA WC semi loss...hence posted the above (deleted now)... can't really recall their 1998 glory (grown too old may be...).. might find a highlights somewhere..

Don't recall visuals tbh from 1998. However, that SA team was a class apart. Led by Cronje, still beats me how they didnt end up as winners in 1996 and 1999.

RUDI

Administrator
Admin
SRH...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Champions League Winner
Our over cautious approach in the power play put unnecessary pressure throughout the rest of the innings. Lots of positives to take out of this tournament.

Well played team Australia!

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
The gulf between Australia and the rest exists with every passing ICC tournament. England seem to have stumbled recently and hence Australia' s performance seems to be the standout one.

Either the world need the Aussies to tumble like the Men's team or the other need to pull up their socks/stockings!

In the end, well played and we'll deserved Australia!

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Was this one of the Classic Games in BLC 99? Seems to have forgotten which all matches they had originally. Excellent modders on Planercricket ensured that :grinning:

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Kaur is the team captain and someone who’s always turned up on the big occasions previously. ‘Resting’ her in an important knockout game is madness. She may not be a Tendulkar in skill but in terms of importance to the side she clearly is close to that. You’re underestimating the impact that she’d have on the side overall too. I don’t mind the inconsistency from Kaur as long as she turns up when it matters, hell that’s what both the men’s and women’s sides need at the moment… cricketers who turn up at the pressure moments.
The problem with Kaur seems to be flash-in-the -pan performances. Post that 175, havent really heard much of her/ her antics tbh.

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
The problem with Kaur seems to be flash-in-the -pan performances. Post that 175, havent really heard much of her/ her antics tbh.
While you may be correct, the fact remains that she is one of the better players in the team and India cannot afford to give her a boot with an already weak lower order.

Bevab

Staff Member

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Another day in the chapter of CSA being clowns.
It's interesting, the CSA could make the case that after the fitness rules were implemented and they reached the final of the World T20. I do remember thinking in the semi final that, Tazmin Brits not only batted well but took several catches, that Lizelle Lee probably would not have done (based on having seen her field terribly in the past). I still think they would've stood a better chance with DVN coming in to bat in the middle order and as another bowler.

Either way, it's a real shame to lose her from international cricket but at least good that there are options for her to pursue in the WBBL, The Hundred, WCPL, (maybe a WPSL) and sitting on the bench watching RCB be rubbish.

Bevab

Staff Member
It's interesting, the CSA could make the case that after the fitness rules were implemented and they reached the final of the World T20. I do remember thinking in the semi final that, Tazmin Brits not only batted well but took several catches, that Lizelle Lee probably would not have done (based on having seen her field terribly in the past). I still think they would've stood a better chance with DVN coming in to bat in the middle order and as another bowler.

Either way, it's a real shame to lose her from international cricket but at least good that there are options for her to pursue in the WBBL, The Hundred, WCPL, (maybe a WPSL) and sitting on the bench watching RCB be rubbish.

It’d be a bad faith argument if they did claim that as that fitness rule wouldn’t have had a major impact on a top four side making the final in their own country. Wonder how this affecte Kapp’s future as well, may tempt her to leave sooner than she planned for if the T20 circuit in women’s cricket becomes bigger.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
It’d be a bad faith argument if they did claim that as that fitness rule wouldn’t have had a major impact on a top four side making the final in their own country. Wonder how this affecte Kapp’s future as well, may tempt her to leave sooner than she planned for if the T20 circuit in women’s cricket becomes bigger.
They didn't say that it was something that occurred to me, particularly as fielding was often crucial - which you don't necessarily see anymore in the men's game. The difference between India and Australia could be put down to a catch Verma dropped that went for six and a stop Perry made on the boundary to save two runs. Likewise Brits took four catches in the semi final against England, the top four, if one of those is dropped it'd could've been the difference between England getting over the line. I remember them dropping Danni Wyatt multiple times in the ODI semi final and she went to on to get a hundred.

I think Kapp might have retired at this same time had she planned to, but that could change.

Users who are viewing this thread