World Cup 2007 - Preview thread

who do you think is going to win the world cup in 2007?

• Australia

Votes: 44 22.0%
  • Bangladesh

Votes: 6 3.0%
  • England

Votes: 35 17.5%
  • India

Votes: 49 24.5%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 8 4.0%
  • Pakistan

Votes: 36 18.0%
  • South Africa

Votes: 10 5.0%
  • Sri Lanka

Votes: 6 3.0%
  • West Indies

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • Zimbabwe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Scotland/Bermuda/Ireland/Canada/Netherlands/Kenya)

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters

Indiangod

International Coach
stevie said:
Will you make up your mind! I think you've 'had a feeling' about everyone so far.

LOL......True, but I'm only saying Sa and Nz have got a chance to win it, just like England, Aus, Ind, Pak, Sri l, and the West indies got a chance.

My heart want's India to win.

UsmanCHADDA

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Indiangod said:
LOL......True, but I'm only saying Sa and Nz have got a chance to win it, just like England, Aus, Ind, Pak, Sri l, and the West indies got a chance.

My heart want's India to win.

Why cant you just say "All the teams have got a chance"?

Satan

School Cricketer
I think it is surely gonna be England.It has everything from an excellent top order to devastating bowling and not to forget, all-rounders
they will surely win! :cheers

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
should hold their form and should not be like india.
even india were excellent in 2002-2003.but they could not win the world cup.
all depends upon how the teams play in the icc champions trophy 2006.

zreh

Club Cricketer
Its surprising that only one person has voted for Sri Lanka.
Even though i really want India to win, (and i think they can pull it off)
right now, theres no better ODI team than Sri Lanka. (even though the rankings say australia is better, i think Sri Lanka will win. And before the world cup, Sri Lanka will take over the number 1 spot in the world rankings for ODI's. (IMO)

England also have a very good chanse, but they have a few ageing players..

Indiangod

International Coach
Sri Lanka only play good at home, when they play an away series, they totelley suck. Tell me how many odi series or tournemnts has Sri lanka won or came in the final outside Sri Lanka?, Sri lanka did'nt play good in 99 world cup, the 2000 and 2004 icc champions throphy they did'nt play well either, the 2002 icc champions throphy was in Sri Lanka, Sri Lanka got walloped in the 2002 natwest series, and Sri lanka was lucky to get to the semi's in the 03 world cup.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
i would say sri lanka played extremely well in the 2003 world cup and deserved the semis spot .

RoboRocks

Chairman of Selectors
World Cup 2007

I know its a bit early but becuase there is so much speculation on the world cup next year why not start discussing it now.

JamesyJames3

International Coach
If we take the team we have at the moment we have no chance of getting to the final! The selectors need a kick up the clacker. I mean, Harmisson as the senior bowler? Come on! The guy is a great bowler, but not like he needs the pressure. He's a young guy just comeback from injury and doesn't have the best of control at times. Personally I believe they need Gough, Flintoff and Harmisson as three of the seamers in the team for the World Cup. I would also have Blackwell in the eleven, and one other seamer. Our batting is also worrying at the moment. I would have Tres, Strauss, Vaughan, Pieterson, Collingwood and Solanki as a top 6.

Users who are viewing this thread