World Cup 2007

S

SHAHZEB 007

Right you can be disgusted as you are in England. You are not living with it. The reasons the blacks in South Africa can not be placed in power as they are bias. Let me explain, there are about 11 different rival black tribes in South Africa, They each hate eachother and are willing to do anything to kill the other and any white's/colourds in the way. For example, the Nugini people (Zulu, Xhosa, Shoto) with aids were told by there Witch doctors that the only way to cure aids, is to rape Sotho (another tribe) virgins or white virgins! The blacks in Africa are mad, please understand me, you have no idea.

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I may have no idea about the internal politics of South Africa, but to suggest that elected politicians (voted for by both whites and blacks) shouldn't be able to take office is just completely mornic!

The blacks in Africa are mad

All of them? How racist can anyone get? Is Nelson Mandela mad? Are all the anti-arparteid campaigners mad? The country was a LOT worse under arparteid!

S

SHAHZEB 007

I CANT BELEIVE YOU SAID THAT
The country was a LOT worse under arparteid!
Nelson Mandela was a terrorist, thats why he was jailed for so long. i admit not all blacks are mad, we have two servents that are very nice. But raping virgins is mad. You must have been brainwashed about the arparteid, it wasnt nearly as bad as you are thinking. We supplied the blacks with all their food, water, money etc. They were fine. I have an uncle in Wales, and he told me he recently bumped into an african who had left south africa as it is soo bad. He said under arparteid "i had; food, cigarettes, and my raincoat, now in South Africam all you can get is poverty"
That was a black speaking. I disagree with the arparteid system, but it was better then South Africa is now.

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
You, my friend, are a ****ing moron.

Yes Mandela was a terrorist. But he has reformed his character and eventually said that terrorism was wrong.

The raping virgins thing is mad, but this is not due to them being black, it is due to the poor education system in these areas.

South Africa wasn't better under aparteid, it was not a free country. Yes it has it's (major) problems now, but so do most countries!

S

SHAHZEB 007

I do not appreciate you calling me a ****ing moron ok. Just because we have different views it does not mean you have to verbally abuse me.
Poor education?? I'm sorry but you really have no idea. Education in South Africa is free to blacks! They can attend school if they want to, most choose not to, its against tribal beliefs.
Being a free country does not mean it is a better, country. If it was unsafe in London (comparing to Joburg) to stop at red lights, travel without a gun to protect you self, you would want to control the blacks some how wouldnt you??? And so far the only thing that has worked was an aparteid system.

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Sorry for abusing you, I was just getting a bit pissed off.

If arparteid was re-introduced, the situation would just get worse. The blacks have had a taste of freedom and they WON'T give it up!

It's against tribal beliefs to go to school. Fair enough. But education should be compulsary for all children, as it is in most countries. In England, parents who don't send their children to school can be fined, and even imprisioned.

The blacks do not need to be "controlled". The government needs to look at the causes of these problems. That is the only way. It may not be a better country now, but it has the potential to be a much better country.

The only way to re-introduce aparteid would be by a military coup. This could cause many, many deaths. Is this a good thing? If such a coup were succesful and arparteid were reintroduced, South Africa would become politically isolated once more. No country would want to deal with it. Is this a good thing? Trade relations with the UK, the USA, other African countries and most other countries would stop straight away. Is this a good thing? Sanctions would be introduced and eventually military action would probably be launched against South Africa, killing many more people. Is this a good thing?

I don't usually like to get too political on a forum, but this is something I feel strongly about, as I'm sure you do.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I also feel quite strongly about this. I study history at University and I've done a lot of 'colonial' history. The treatment of the indigenous population anywhere by white settlers has been appalling whether it be in Australia, India, South Africa, Ireland, wherever. The point is that a refusal to surrender political rights and an inherent racist attitude simply makes the problem worse. It probably was 'better' for whites in SA when the black population were effectively enslaved but the problems arising now in Zimbabwe are a potent reminder that blacks can despise whites just as much back and the underlying issues are never addressed because a cloak of racial hatred gets in the way.

Of course there are problems with assimilation but an attitude that says 'all blacks are inferior to me' makes the whole problem ten times worse.

Back on the topic I believe that England should have made a stand and refused to play the series but like I said earlier it was never going to happen. The government here gave the ECB no help other than to voice the opinion that they didn't really approve. That's what annoys me, politicians pretending to be moral but then passing the buck on affirmative action. There was no way this tour was going to be cancelled unless the govt had agreed to underwrite the ECBs losses.

Troy, mate careful what you say. You're telling us there are 11 different tribes in Africa and then you're generalising about blacks in general.
The blacks in Africa are mad
It's an emotive subject but don't get carried away.

Colin

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
It's interesting to see that the ICC have said that India will not be punished for not touring Pakistan because the decision was a government one. So if the British government had pulled the England team out of Zimbabwe, the England cricket team wouldn't have been punished..... or would they?

S

SHAHZEB 007

I apoligise for any racest coments I have made. It is interesting to see who the outside World precieves the South Africa/Zimbabwe issues. I wish someone could come up with a real good, non racest solution! South Africa is such a beautiful place, but now there is no Law and order, whether that is the Africans' in Power fault is a debating topic.

I

imported_graham

i say that they are unlucky and we should support em!!

Users who are viewing this thread