World Cup 2011 - Group B

crazyrahul

Club Cricketer
I wish Bangladesh will suprise everyone by qualifying for QFs, England doens't have the ability to win the cup after KP & Broad's injury, better they go home. West Indies is going to defeat England. :thumbs

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
what surprises me is, given how unpredictable england have been, how confident they are of making it. they haven't won a single match convincingly yet.

they're in the weakest position and still not really a crack of worry.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
So for England, it has become not just "do or die" but "do and wait to see if they die". They have to beat the West Indies and hope Bangladesh dont beat South Africa. Or they have another option. Beat WI, and if Bangladesh beat SA, then hope that India beat WI so that WI is out and England/Bangladesh reach the quarterfinal. So now England's case is not simple. They have to win and pray other results go their way. But I feel England will be in the quarters because I see either of the results going their way (either SA beats Ban, or India will beat WI). So all England need to do is put themselves in that position by beating WI.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
I hope the Irish stun the Proteas tomorrow. That would make for a fire-cracking finish. This would mena that every match in the group, yes, every, even those including the Dutch encounters will become crucial for any team aspiring to reach the QF stage. The QF's wont be decided until the India- West Indies encounter.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
If BAN does qualify then it shall be easy pickings for the topper of Group A . Bloody lucky I suppose ;)

Too early to say. If Bangladesh qualify by beating SA, then they could be No.2 or No.3 too in the group (depending on other results). If England lose to WI and India beat WI, then Bangladesh is No.4. But if England beat WI and India beat WI, then then England is No.4 and Bangladesh is No.3 (on points). So anything is possible, and we dont yet know what will be Group B's final standings.

----------

That tells how Associates makes the tournament so interesting and ICC wanted to remove them :facepalm

Only Bangladesh and Ireland have made things interesting. And most likely they will be the No.9 and No.10th team for the next World Cup. Let the Associates play the T20 World Cup and then come into ODI's by qualification.

Gurjot95

National Board President
Only Bangladesh and Ireland have made things interesting. And most likely they will be the No.9 and No.10th team for the next World Cup. Let the Associates play the T20 World Cup and then come into ODI's by qualification.
You can't throw the Nertherlands away. They gave a tough fight against India and almost won against England.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
You can't throw the Nertherlands away. They gave a tough fight against India and almost won against England.

Well they couldnt win a single match, and most likely will be whitewashed in this tournament. The India match, thats not close. Getting 4 wkts is not a big thing. India still won that match with 14 overs to spare. Thats a crushing defeat. That initial 4 wkts were false hope. Also they made Yuvraj look like a legend (same with Ireland). The England game, well England have played like that against everyone. Against India, England were lucky that the opposition was India and so they got off with a moral victory. But frankly speaking, they have played the same way against all sides and are lucky that they still have a shot at the QF's.

King Cricket

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
If Ireland somehow manage to trigger an upset against South Africa and bludgeon the Dutch, their campaign will suddenly be revived out of the dead, heating up the competition even more. They will then be breathing down the necks of South Africa, Bangladesh and West Indies, all currently tied at six points. Plenty of equations hinge on tomorrow's game, which might just go in Ireland's favour, as well as the match between England and West Indies. The results can upset all previous calculations and set in motion an intense battle between four teams, with India and England (considering they beat West Indies) both being given a new lease of life (as, fortunately, they are/will be one point ahead at seven).

Last edited:

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
I want England to beat WI and make things more complex. With Swann in England's armory and the game being played in Chennai and with WI being the opposition, I am expecting an England win.

AkshayS

Chairman of Selectors
I just hope that Ireland stuns Proteas tomorrow, would it make hell to interesting. But that is close to impossible.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
When you expect them to make a surprise, they wont. So my brain says SA will win it easy

Sureshot

Executive member
I want England to beat WI and make things more complex. With Swann in England's armory and the game being played in Chennai and with WI being the opposition, I am expecting an England win.

We must play a 2nd spinner, whether it's Yardy or Tredwell, we must play one of them at Chennai.

The chances of England qualifying if we beat WI are quite high, in fact I'd say we are likely to finish 3rd if we beat WI. But that is a big IF, you can't write England off, we've performed well in all disciplines at some point throughout this World Cup, just when one has been good the other has been poor.

I can't say I'll be too disappointed if we go out. We haven't played well, I think going out could do some good, but I also don't think you can write us off, we can still beat any side in the world, of that there is no doubt, you just wouldn't bet on it!

Thursday will be a nerve racking day though.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
I prefer England to be in there (along with India of course!) for the QF. It would make things more interesting for the QF's. England have provided probably the most thrilling games of this World Cup, and let it continue into the QF's if it can.:D

Users who are viewing this thread