World Cup Qualifiers

PhilD123

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
No offense but you've got the PM option for that.
It was on topic, was it not?

Yeah, was late night, playing FM at the same time, not a great match really, getting light again when I was going to bed:p.

Shevchenko

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
It's a pitty the host nation doesn't need to play in qualifying matches cause South Africa is a disgrace...two managers receiving so much money and yet they aren't performing, it's silly it's utter crap if you ask me

Maxkarter

Battrick Tournament Host
PE has been given the boot, as the stadium won't be ready for the Confederations Cup, get ready USA WC 2010 is coming your way.....

Kayne_esp

School Cricketer
Who Do U All Think Is Going To Win The 2010 World Cup??? Think Spain Has A Great Team And They Can Do It If They Keep Playing How They Played During The Euro... Also The Have A Young But Very Experienced Team

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Spain can definitely do it.

By the way, Why Do You Start Every Word With A Capital Letter? It's a bit off-putting!

MasterBlaster76 added 5 Minutes and 30 Seconds later...

PE has been given the boot, as the stadium won't be ready for the Confederations Cup, get ready USA WC 2010 is coming your way.....

Bollocks. If WC 2010 doesn't go to South Africa, why should it go to the US? Most of them couldn't care less about football, besides, they had it in 1994. What's with all these countries getting it ahead of England? Mexico have had it twice since 1966 and now you want the US to get it again? England haven't had it since 1966. I don't agree with this rubbish about sharing it round the whole world, when some countries are completely unsuitable to hold events like the World Cup. I mean, look at what's happening with Zimbabwe. Is South Africa really a good choice for the cup? Do they even have the stadiums, not to mention the quality of the pitches? Look at the pitches in Euro 2008! Some of them were a bloody disgrace and would barely pass Championship level. And the next one's going to be in Poland and the Ukraine?

I'm all for countries hosting tournaments, but only if they're actually ready, not because they've never had one before.

Wake up, England, there could be a tournament to grab if the next Euros or WC 2010 needs a new venue.

Last edited:

PhilD123

International Coach
Yep, unfortunately it seems money talks.:( Olympics in a country like China! Champions League final in Moscow! And then Rome! Euro's in Poland and Austria!:(

Sorry for ending each example with an exclamation mark btw, I just felt like it:p.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Haven't Germany hosted the World Cup at least twice since England last had it? It's bad enough not giving it to England, but why do Germany get it again? If Fifa want to share the tournaments around, then why did Mexico get WC twice after 1966 and England are still hanging around waiting?

Maxkarter

Battrick Tournament Host
Bollocks. If WC 2010 doesn't go to South Africa, why should it go to the US? Most of them couldn't care less about football, besides, they had it in 1994. What's with all these countries getting it ahead of England? Mexico have had it twice since 1966 and now you want the US to get it again? England haven't had it since 1966. I don't agree with this rubbish about sharing it round the whole world, when some countries are completely unsuitable to hold events like the World Cup. I mean, look at what's happening with Zimbabwe. Is South Africa really a good choice for the cup? Do they even have the stadiums, not to mention the quality of the pitches? Look at the pitches in Euro 2008! Some of them were a bloody disgrace and would barely pass Championship level. And the next one's going to be in Poland and the Ukraine?

I'm all for countries hosting tournaments, but only if they're actually ready, not because they've never had one before.

Wake up, England, there could be a tournament to grab if the next Euros or WC 2010 needs a new venue.

Oh boy, let me just help you right here, I don't want USA to to host it if it get s taken away, it's just what I heard on the news that FIFA has made contingency plans for them to take over the hosting of the WC.

What's happening in Zimbabwe has no effect on the internals of the country in a negative way at all currently, so I don't see that as a disturbing factor at all.

I think we do have the stadiums,about five of them before all the upgrade work started had capacities over 20k, which I think is bigger than a few stadiums used at Euro 2008. The only problem is that the government wants their paws in the pie and pocket part of the stadium budget and thus delay the time it takes to commence building. If they get completed in time I have full faith that they will be big enough, and of a good enough quality to house all the people. Pitches aren't a problem for the PSL regular stadiums in the main centres such as the FNB, Ellis Park etc. It's only the smaller grounds where there could be trouble but then those grounds aren't having work done and probably won't be considered for hosting games anyway.

Last edited:

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
If the country is ready, secure and has the facilities to host the tournament, then the very best of luck to them. I actually think it'll be a very good even and the atmosphere will be amazing. My point was, if SA is seen not to be suitable, then England should be considered ahead of the USA, surely most people here would agree?

Why did Fifa immediately jump to USA as a contingency? What's wrong with England? Look at the stadiums we have: Wembley, Old Trafford, City of Manchester Stadium, Emirates and even slightly smaller grounds like Anfield, White Hart Lane, St James Park, Stamford Bridge and so on are suitable. The last tournament hosted in England was fantastic and we could easily do it at short notice.

For the last time, Fifa: The USA don't really care about football! (They don't even call it by it's correct name for God's sake!) And they had the WC in 1994, we last had it in 1966! If SA can't do it and you give it to the USA, you're not being fair at all.

Last edited:

Maxkarter

Battrick Tournament Host
I think you simply have to face the fact that what people here believe has no baring on it, I have no doubt that England could take it at the last minute and have no problems hosting it but as I said what people on this forum think has no direction on who FIFA choose and why.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Oh yes, I forgot it'd be that twat's decision in the end! He'll probably give it to his beloved Germany again...

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
Cahill!!!!! Tim Cahill has done it again! What a star.

Matt, you must be happy.

Gilly Fan added 6 Minutes and 27 Seconds later...

It's another one! This time Cahill is pushed and Emerton JUST gets the penalty in. The keeper really should've stopped that.

.::Stevo::.

International Coach
Strong half from the Aussies. I was really impressed with Jesus (Kennedy) earlier on, Qatar had no answer for the big man.

And how good would of Cahills goals been if he scored that long shot! So close...

Users who are viewing this thread