World Footballer Of The Year 2008

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I think its pretty obvious that Ronaldo has been the best player this season. If Messi was not injured, I'd reckon he'd be there as well.

Anyways If I had to choose 10 people from this season they would be -

Cristiano Ronaldo (Out and out winner. Has been very close to god this season)
Lionel Messi (I actually consider him more dangerous and talented than Ronaldo but wasnt able to play throughout the season due to injuries)
Luis Fabiano (Has been in brilliant form, scoring goals throughout the season)
Marco Borriello (His performances and strike rate for Genoa has been so impressive that AC Milan want him back next season)
Fernando Torres (Had absolutely no doubt about his ability and boy hasnt he delivered?? Watch how he and David Villa terrorise defences at Euro 2008)
Pepe (Fantastic season overall for him, after a shaky start. Is definately a big match player)
Nemanja Vidic (Some might say that Rio is better, but I think this lad is immense, and his absence was felt in the recent game against Middlesbrough)
Cesc Fabregas (Superstar in every sense)
Sebastian Frey (Has easily made the most number of spectacular as well as crucial saves this season)
Robert Pires (Villarreal's driving force throughout the season, and they now lie second in the table)

Last edited:

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
Arteta's done well for Everton this year, but he hasn't proved himself on the world stage, I know he hasn't had the chance to, but its still key. David James wouldn't get into my top 50 for reasons that I said before. Yeah, Scholes shouldn't be on it, he had a 3 month injury, and although he is playing very well now, it took him a month to fully recover when he was back playing. Fabregas is a possibility for a nomination, but since Christmas time, I think he's only scored two goals. Yeah, Gallas shouldn't be near, Arsenal's defence haven't been that great and his attitude at Birmingham was shocking. Torres and Gerrard haven't performed come the big games.

The only big games they didn't perform in were the United ones. Which is annoying, but united home and away aren't be all of end all.

Users who are viewing this thread