World Premier League? T30 Championship Season 8

Oh, thanks. I think Iridium (Truman Lee) is a guy who is new to the auctions, isn't he?

If he likes to have Sashi as a partner, it'll be great, not just for him but even for the league. :)

Someone like Shawn Raje, who isn't much active on the forum, but he is a WPL veteran I guess.
Good idea. :)
While Shawn PMed me,a couple of days back,expressing his interest to take part in this season,he hasn't come online for the last 2 days.
So,Shashi can be his co-manager.
What's up with Akshay Sharma?

I'm too totally new to this Auction guys. I previously VMed Sartaj saying - Can you please post basic rules and the info that we need to know about the Auctions? But he didn't reply :(

Can anyone please do the needful? :spy

Sachin Tendulkar, Jacques Kallis, Shane Watson and AB de Villiers have a base price of $400,000.
Virender Sehwag, Kumar Sangakkara, Kieron Pollard, Daniel Vettori, Dale Steyn and Lasith Malinga have a base price of $300,000.
The rest have $200,000 or less as their base price.

Just to remind you again,you'll have a budget of $10,000,000 to buy your 12 players.

Last edited:
I'm too totally new to this Auction guys. I previously VMed Sartaj saying - Can you please post basic rules and the info that we need to know about the Auctions? But he didn't reply :(

Can anyone please do the needful? :spy

You'll get a PM tomorrow explaining everything. :)

The minimum amount by which a bid must be raised to beat it is $10,000.
Of course,you can raise it by a higher value,if you mean business.

As this is my first go at the WPL , i just wanted to know if there were auctions for each and every season of WPL or was it about building the squads season by season ?? Looks an auction in every season to me .

As this is my first go at the WPL , i just wanted to know if there were auctions for each and every season of WPL or was it about building the squads season by season ?? Looks an auction in every season to me .

Each team had a fixed 'Superstar' and 'Icon' in the past,but there's no fixed pattern.
Usually,there is a gap and change of managers between two seasons,so i prefer a fresh auction.

I don't know if it's too late to suggest this, but have you ever thought about a silent auction.

It's where each manager sends you pm's on the players they want to sign with their bids in, but because nobody knows what everyone else has bid, you don't get the problem with people coming along and posting in the last minute of the auction.

@Harris: A player will be declared sold if the current highest bid for him is no further raised for a period of 24 hours.So,no question of last minute bids.The only drawback is that this takes a bit longer,but you get the players you want.

A player will be declared sold if the current highest bid for him is no further raised for a period of 24 hours.

Lol not offering any excuses but i misunderstood it pretty badly . I thought it was a 24 hours time period for a player . :facepalm
Now it seems fine to me .

Users who are viewing this thread