World Team Captain

Who do you think would be the World team Test Captain if there was a current side?

• Steve Waugh

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ricky Ponting

• Brian Lara

• Sourav Ganguly

• Sachin Tendulkar

• Nasser Hussain

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Other

• Total voters
B

bomber

I would vote for Steve Waugh, because of his brilliant record as Captain in the past few years.

A

Auwais BARTHEZ

Mmmm...Maybe Sourav Ganguly...Yeah,Sourav Ganguly.Even though I support Pakistan,
I think Sourav's the man!Mainly because of Pakistan's captain's being involved in something.Sourav's a great player as well as a great captain.I think he should (or might)
stay as India's captain for a long time. :up:

Auwais

S

sonic

I think its a tough call, but Steve Waugh is the kind of player i like - he's very gutsy and very intelligent in the field. Its a close call because Ganguly has a very strong presence for the Indian team - he has been criticised many times, and somewhat harshly I feel in the early stages of the world cup this year - but each time he has come back a stronger man and his record speaks for itself. Its difficult to compare the two as I believe there is greater pressure on India to succeed as a test nation, as they have huge expectations - and rightly so with the talent they have - and Ganguly is the man to drive them to a success. I chose Waugh in the end because of his achievements in the game and how he has carried forward the Australian winning habit...some may argue he has an easier job than Ganguly but even he is under enormous pressure as his test performances have been below par recently

malikmazhars

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
and also the main thing is that in critical times Sourav gets nervous or may be seems like Nervous but on the other hand Steve remain calm and move very carefully and Cleverly B)

sasnoz

School Cricketer
i said lara because it balances the team and you dont need to be much of a captain to tell great bowlers what to do

dragon_xxl

School Cricketer
Steve is a good cap but i will not vote for any 1 caz my fav cap is not even on the list
my fav cap is Imran Khan
THx

DRAGON

B

bomber

Originally posted by dragon_xxl@May 3 2003, 08:28 AM
Steve is a good cap but i will not vote for any 1 caz my fav cap is not even on the list
my fav cap is Imran Khan
THx

DRAGON
Yes, Imran Khan was a champion player, but this is for a "current" team captain. :)

dragon_xxl

School Cricketer
Originally posted by bomber@May 3 2003, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by dragon_xxl@May 3 2003, 08:28 AM
my fav cap is Imran Khan
THx

DRAGON
Yes, Imran Khan was a champion player, but this is for a "current" team captain. :)
WAT ABOUT WASIM THEN
HE IS STILL PLAYING
HE IS CLASS PLAYER
PAKISTAN HAD BEST CAPs EVA

DRAGON

T20

Panel of Selectors
wasim too is not a "current" team captain.. B) :horse:

S

sonic

:lol: dragon, get the message, don't post unless you know what you are talking about :P And for the record, Pakistan are rated the third worst test side, so much for their "GREAT" captains :D

Users who are viewing this thread