Wrong LBW decisions

Eclipse1123

School Cricketer
I Have discussed this at length with lots of other forums and have not yet come up with an answer yet...
I was in career mode and a left hander ( I think this might be important ) it was short pitched down my leg-side and hit my chest, they appealed and gave me out. There were no reviews and I honestly wanted to review it. Can someone tell me how to fix this or tell BigAnt about this.

Eclipse1123

School Cricketer
I Have discussed this at length with lots of other forums and have not yet come up with an answer yet...
I was in career mode and a left hander ( I think this might be important ) it was short pitched down my leg-side and hit my chest, they appealed and gave me out. There were no reviews and I honestly wanted to review it. Can someone tell me how to fix this or tell BigAnt about this.
This has not effected my career to much but I want to know why it is happening. ( Anyone needing help with wrist spin bowling on pro I took 5 wickets for 1 run in a four day match in 7 overs )

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Occasionally you do get out LBW against slow medium pacers when the ball hits you in the stomach/lower chest region as the replay shows the ball coming down in a parabolic path and landing on top of the stumps. In real life you would be considered not out but in the game you are given out. The issue of slow medium pace and spinner deliveries which are a weapon instead of "hit me " deliveries still need to be tackled in the game by Big Ant.

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
Occasionally you do get out LBW against slow medium pacers when the ball hits you in the stomach/lower chest region as the replay shows the ball coming down in a parabolic path and landing on top of the stumps. In real life you would be considered not out but in the game you are given out. The issue of slow medium pace and spinner deliveries which are a weapon instead of "hit me " deliveries still need to be tackled in the game by Big Ant.

Yeah the physics for these balls seem to be messed up, even on hard pitches the ball will be on its way down before reaching the stumps. Better physics for when the ball flicks the pads and gloves would be nice too as currently the ball dies upon contact.

Bluebagger

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I've had a few outright disgraceful LBW go against me and once I even reviewed an LBW and it pitched outside leg and the out decision stood but they're few and far between and I just chalk it up to the realism of shit umpiring sometimes.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
I've had a few outright disgraceful LBW go against me and once I even reviewed an LBW and it pitched outside leg and the out decision stood but they're few and far between and I just chalk it up to the realism of shit umpiring sometimes.
Have faced it myself as well...

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Yeah the physics for these balls seem to be messed up, even on hard pitches the ball will be on its way down before reaching the stumps. Better physics for when the ball flicks the pads and gloves would be nice too as currently the ball dies upon contact.

Those slow short deliveries by spinners or medium pacers such as Bopara, Sayers, Hopes etc. need to be fixed ASAP. A slow half tracker by a spinner or a medium pacer is hit out of the park at club cricket level but in this game these deliveries are wicket taking weapons. At the very least these deliveries should miss the top of stumps and hopefully the timing window should be increased so these long hops are dispatched to the boundary easily.

Ash1973

Club Cricketer
It could be worse,you could have the LBW decisions in EA cricket :facepalm

Bluebagger

International Coach
I had this given as out when clearly it came off Gayle's shoulder. I'm not sure if the umpires have hidden skills or not but I'm not complaining about wrong decisions, when you play other games the absolute smallest correct decision is given correct each and every time and tbh that kind of annoys me. It might not be intentional but I like the odd wrong decision, even a howler because happens in real life. The human element (or home town umpiring)

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

I've had it go my way too. Playing NZ v AUS 92 WC, Ken Rutherford got a huge edge caught behind off a spinner and nobody appealed.

Last edited:

Bluebagger

International Coach
Was that in career mode as well Bluebagger or casual?
The LBW I spoke of was in career mode, a BBL T20 I think it was. Terrible decision. The caught behind with pictures was in a custom tournament

Users who are viewing this thread