Younus Khan retires from International Twenty20 Cricket

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Again, Younis indirectly hints that he still believes T20 is just fun cricket and so he wants to focus on the real cricket than on this format!

Make Afridi the captain! He should be tried for once!

Jakester1288

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Again, Younis indirectly hints that he still believes T20 is just fun cricket and so he wants to focus on the real cricket than on this format!

Personally, I agree with this and love him for it. I gained so much respect for him when I read that he retired from Twenty20.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Personally, I agree with this and love him for it. I gained so much respect for him when I read that he retired from Twenty20.

Yeah it's uncommon for someone to retire from T20 these days, has anyone else done this?

Jakester1288

School Cricketer
Yeah it's uncommon for someone to retire from T20 these days, has anyone else done this?

Not that I know of, not to retire from Twenty20 individually.

I don't like Twenty20 to watch. I've played a couple of Twenty20's though, and they are lots of fun.

Test/FC > ODI/OD > Twenty20 Internations/Twenty20's

For playing and watching, I would go with that, but Twenty20's are good to play.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Personally wouldn't like Afridi captaining anything on the International stage, it wasn't even a week ago that people where complain that his batting wasn't like it was years ago.

khan31

International Coach
Personally wouldn't like Afridi captaining anything on the International stage, it wasn't even a week ago that people where complain that his batting wasn't like it was years ago.

So what if he fails with the bat 4/5 times? Not only does he bowl well almost every game but he leads by example. Dynamic in the field and sometimes it seems like he is the captain as he is always talking with/encouraging the bowler etc. Moreover, that 1/5 innings in which he does perform is not only spectacular but usually a match-winner. He is the most senior player there and has been playing for Pakistan since 96/97. As already mentioned he is an extremely successful captain at the domestic level (please do not say this means nothing as most players are judged on their performances in domestic matches). All of the other team members respect him and he is well liked by all. The last few games have shown us all how Afridi has matured and developed to fulfill his potential. We all know he has endless talent but now that he is playing for the team rather than the to please the fans, he is performing as a senior player should. Despite all of this just because his batting ability has taken a downturn he should be denied captaincy? Some of you guys are just unreal.

Even if you disregard all of the above, there is nobody else to even condisder as captain material so the choice is obvious. History has taught us that pathans make the best captains (Imran and now Younus) so Afridi should be the next. Inshallah

Last edited:

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
It will be back with Shoaib Malik who has better record as T20 captain than Younis.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
He has got nothing to achieve in T20 cricket now, he has won the top prize on offer. And he never has been keen on it, he was with South Australia during the domestic season but choose to skip the KFC Big bash.

Insomniac

Title Recipient
He has got nothing to achieve in T20 cricket now, he has won the top prize on offer. And he never has been keen on it, he was with South Australia during the domestic season but choose to skip the KFC Big bash.
Didn't South Australia sign on Sohail Tanvir instead to replace Younus?

Aditya

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Its really sad that he has retired from t20 but as he won it he is now appreciated that's called intelligence if now pakistan loose fault will go to other captain and will say that younis whas more good he will surely be good in tests and odi's he is a great cricketer but not good for t20 as he can play innings but not such fast as afridi

Users who are viewing this thread