YOUR England Team

plympilgrim

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
My England Team:

Foster - If he is 100% fit, get him in, from what i saw last year he was Watfords best player by a country mile, without him they would have gone down even easier. (GK)

Neville - Work-man like, efficient, experienced, a general who is committed. (RB)

Richards - I think he would be good as a centre back, strong, quick, powerful, everything you want and need from a centre back. (CB)

Terry - Captain, if in top form i think he is the best in the world. Great player, a must have in the team. (CB, Captain)

A Cole - This is the position we struggle with, cole is probably the best we have at the moment. (LB)

J Cole - Been Englands best player for the past year, i don't think he has been given enough oppurtunities by england or chelsea. Solid on the ball, the only criticism i have is that he can be a bit selfish. (RM)

Lampard - reason him over Stevie G is that he scores more, he and Stevie G are too similar i think to play in the same team. (CM)

Hargreaves - Commited to the cause and is the perfect foil which will allow Frank to get forward. (CM)

Shaun Wright Philips - Much the same as Joe Cole, he has been underused by both england and chelsea, and he is deadly when he is on form. (LM)

Owen - Englands best striker, in or out of form. Must have as he scores goals and his record proves this. (ST)

Heskey - Currently the most inform English striker, he can win balls and is solid. Allows Owen lots of balls to run onto. I don't rate Rooney, for me personally he doesn't score enough.

Subs
Robinson - Liable to the odd mistake, but he is still a decent player
Lescott - Versatile, and someone who has lived in the shadows for his career
Onuha - Don't know how to spell his name :p, young, lightening fast, powerful
Carrick - Like Hargreaves
Lennon - Allows the attacking mid option
Bent - Decent record for clubs hes played at, yet to perform for england, same mould as owen.
Crouch - Scores, and is like Heskey

Some of my selections could be a bit dodgy but i think this is my perfect england side :cool:

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
No Gerrard or Rooney ? Then on the bench, Onouha who you dont know how to spell his name and Bent and Crouch who are back-up's for their respective sides. A very strange team.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Goalie - David James: Simply the best keeper England have. Quality between the posts and doesn't make many mistakes. Holds record for most clean sheets in the premiership and he is experienced. Stands way above the rest.

Defenders - John terry: Easy choice. When fit one of the best in the world. Scores vital goals and leads the team with passion and flair.

Ledley King: Troubled with injury but has been solid in the centre defence role. Wins vital challenges and is a tall player who dominates strikers.

Ashley Cole: Not many fighting for this place. He is the most experienced over Young and Shorey and has great ability to attack.

Micah Richards: The new young gun in the England team. Has extreme pace and loves to go forward. Can take on the best defenders let alone win the ball against the best strikers.

Midfielders - Steven Gerrard: Although talk of him not being able to play with Lampard he simply has to be in. One of the best we've got! His passing ability is outstanding and he can create something out of nothing.

Frank Lampard: Another quality central midfielder. His surging forward runs will scare any defenders and has a shot as good as most. Sometimes plays a little deep when playing with Gerrard but if he gets the chance to attack he will not resist.

David Beckham: Old but still has that certain quality. His crossing is the best in the world without a doubt. Can create goals from dead ball situations and gives the strikers superb quality service.

Joe Cole: Now amde into a winger, he has exceeded at left wing. His weaving past defences is superb and has great shooting accuracy. Also will link up with Cole very well holding the ball back to let Cole surge down the line. Experience playing with Cole will certainly cause teams problems.

Strikers - Michael Owen: After his injury he hasn't been at his best but is still a major threat to other defences. Has a great eye for goal and is usually there at the right time. A established goalscorer and has bags of experienced against the best.

Wayne Rooney: His temper can get too much. But he makes up for it by scoring some wonderful goals. His vision is superb and he knows where the goal is. Will score from anywhere around the box and is one of the best in the world when fit.

There ya go my team:

James

A.Cole
Terry
King
Richards

J.Cole
Gerrard
Lampard
Beckham

Owen
Rooney

Animator!

School Cricketer
Robert Green.

Micah Richards
John Terry
Jamie Carragher, if he were to return, if not, Rio Ferdinand.
Ashley Cole

Shaun Wright-Phillips.
Steven Gerrard
Gareth Barry

Wayne Rooney

Michael Owen
Emile Heskey.

For the moment at least.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
Matts post got me thinking so bumpage, Oh and lol at the start of this thread about Steve McClaren getting chucked.
Anyway I can't believe how terrible my side was. Right well here is how the team should look.

James

Richards
Rio
Terry
Cole

Cole
Barry
Carrick
Beckham

Rooney (C)
Agbonlahor

Thank you please.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
I still reiterate that Gareth Barry should be England captain. He doesn't molest at referees, he doesn't miss drugs tests and he doesn't do hit and runs on little united fans.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
I'd go with evo's team in the first post. Seems spot on to me.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
Alright Garry can be captain apart from when we play Portugal in the final and then Rooney gets it.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Never have a striker as captain. Not matter how good they are, a captain should always be a defensive midfielder or at a push a central defender. He has to be in a position to shout at everyone.

evo, yes I'd go with the Nevilles no matter how shite I think they are, they are probably the best we have to offer ;)

Last edited:

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Plus I'm really hoping that Barry will be a red next season ;)

usy

Chairman of Selectors
Is there a way to move England to Asia, atleast they'd qualify.

Users who are viewing this thread