YOUR England Team

PhilD123

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
James

Richards
Cole
Terry
Rio (captain) (how anyone could not have him in the side is beyond belief)

Young
Gerrard
Carrick/Barry
Cole

Rooney
Ashton/Owen/Defoe (really not sure on this one)

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
Agree with Phil's. Would have Barry in DM behind Gerrard and Defoe playing ahead of Rooney.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Robert Green

Micah Richards
Ashley Cole
John Terry
Rio Ferdinand

Gerrard
Joe Cole
Lampard
Barry (C)

Owen
Rooney

That's the team I'd go for. Certainly worked on Football Manager, although I had Joe Hart as keeper, who didn't actually concede a goal for 7 games :D If only FM worked like real life.

Dr. Pepper

Chairman of Selectors
James-He is ok for now. In a few years Joe Hart definitely.

Defenders:
Rio-He is a great centre-back. He gets the job done. End of.

John Terry-As much as I despise him he is still a great defender.

Micah Richards-Not totally sure if he's ready yet but definitely in a year or two.

Gareth Barry-The guy is absolutely brilliant and should be somewhere on the pitch for England every game. He can play midfield aswell, so he's versatile.

Midfielders:
Becks- All it takes is one decent cross and they can be ahead. He is still by far England's best crosser.

Gerrard-Play him in the centre. I hate lampard, he does no work and takes the credit. Let him go out and attack and have no worry.

Carrick/Hargreaves- Based on this season I would play Carrick but I really think Hargreaves is great. Carrick is a great central midfielder and get play some amazing balls down the field. Hargreaves is just awesome. Great work rate.

Joe Cole-Left midfield is a tricky one. I would play Barry but Barry is needed at left back because Ashley Cole is a definite no. Joe Cole is a good player at the end of the day and can make some crosses.

Strikers:
Wayne Rooney-His work rate is brilliant. He is so hard working. He does everything needed of him.

Owen-He's not what he used to be but he can still finish great. He is not that fast anymore but his shooting is great.

thesweepmaster

County Cricketer
David James

Glen Johnson
Ashley Cole
Rio Ferdinand
John Terry

David Beckham (for the next 2 years, then David Bentley after world cup)
Joe Cole
Gareth Barry
Owen Hargreaves

Michael Owen
Jermain Defoe

Subs:
Joe Hart
Ledley King (when fit)
Steven Gerrard
Frank Lampard
Peter Crouch

That is my team, you'll probably notice no Rooney, that's because he hasn't done anything for England for 2-3 years now.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
And what exactly has Jermain Defoe done in his 28 England caps to get in the team ahead of a proven world class talent ?

Also, Glen Johnson. LoL.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I would have:

James
Richards - Ferdinand - Terry - A.Cole
Beckham - Barry - Gerrard - Young
Rooney - Defoe

Subs: Hart, Owen, Downing, J.Cole, King, Lampard, Bentley​

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
Rooney is always the first striker on the list and although Defoe is not exactly world class, I feel he's sharper than Owen and is in better form.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
I don't see the appeal in Defoe. He's always useless for England. Owen's been one of the best strikers in England history and is nearing Bobby Charlton's scoring record, so deserves to be in the team. He's now fully fit and i'm sure he'll score more goals than Jermaine Defoe. Defoe's always a let down for England.

Users who are viewing this thread