Your Cricket Your favourite match as a captain.

Aditya

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Discuss about your captaincy in matches you play.Discuss tactics bowling and batting attack and some other stuff.

shubhrayu

International Coach
Your header says favourite match but the content tells you describe captaincy

Jakester1288

School Cricketer
Well, my strongest memory as captain was school cricket last year. We lost the toss, and were put in to bat, got bowled out for 47. I only made 1.

With the ball, however, I stood up, taking 2/2 in a losing cause.

shubhrayu

International Coach
Well my best game as a captain was last year in an Under 16 game...I won the toss and I bowled first not obeying my coach who told to bat first.It was a 25 over game..They scored...145 of 25 overs..Our condition was bad as 3 wickets fell in the first 5 overs at just some 20 runs...Then I went in to bat and played a hammering knock of 62 off 44 balls which boosted up the team's morale and we ended up the game with 145/6 off 22 overs...This was a memorable game..

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
In my school when I was year 9 we had two year 9 teams, i was captain of the B team.

The game was being played after school and they batted first. I can't remember who won the toss and it was a 25/25 i think.
They were so confident they reversed their batting line up, one guy in their team got a 50 but i can't remember the exact scores but they got a reasonable total.

We went out to bat and I batted somewhere in the top 4. I didn't get that many i think around 10-15 but the light began to fade and we were in trouble. Two of our bigger hitters got together down the order and combined for a good partnership to bring us home.
I still remember the match, we were way underdogs and I don't think we even had a coach.

We ended up having an alright season. I remember another game a few games after that match where me and one of my mates combined for a hundred partnership, he got out for 46 I went on and got my 50.

joshuaa21

School Cricketer
I play for Scots and playing Sydney High

We lost the toss and got put into bowl and we got them all out for 47 :rtfl
I took 1 wicket off 1 ball and 1 catch and a run out!

Then we went into bat and we lost our openers for 8 :facepalm so i came in and got 58* (they allowed me to continue to get my 50) :p

I destroyed :D

Amiya

Panel of Selectors
I play for Scots and playing Sydney High

We lost the toss and got put into bowl and we got them all out for 47 :rtfl
I took 1 wicket off 1 ball and 1 catch and a run out!

Then we went into bat and we lost our openers for 8 :facepalm so i came in and got 58* (they allowed me to continue to get my 50) :p

I destroyed :D

How you were able to score 58* if the opponent scored 47?

mariatamis

School Cricketer
Hi,
My name is Maria tamis.
Cricket is my favorite game.
I am playing cricket in school time.
My highest scores is 75.

mariatamis

School Cricketer
Hi,
My name is Maria tamis.
Cricket is my favorite game.
I am playing in school time.
My highest scores is 75.

Houdini

School Cricketer
The last game i ever played as captain was in my school days.
We were into the second day of a two day match against one of the top sides in the competition. My team was in the bottom 4.
We needed to get something like 100 runs to win with 3 wickets remaining.
I was in bat with the tail-ender batsmen.
Can't remember all the details, but i was in the zone and batted out the next 30 or so overs and won the game, pretty much single-handed.
Ended up top-scoring with 108*.

harrisb

International Coach
my most memorable game as captain was last year,

we were playing against uxbridge (local rivals) in a low-key colts match.

I lost the toss (for the 5th time that season) and we were put in, I made 23 and then got a shocking LBW, even the uxbridge players said it pitched outside of leg.
We went on to score 156/7 from 25 overs, an okay score i thought.
We struck early with the ball, but their middle order managed to get them to 149/6 with 1 over to go. I thought to myself, as captain, i should be bowling the last over to try and win the match, i wasn't in the best run of form, but i was sure i could keep them to less than 8 runs in the final over. I already had figures of 2/14 from 3 overs.
1st Ball: LBW shout turned down by the same umpire that gave me out LBW
2nd Ball: Bowled Him!! My third wicket
3rd Ball: 4 runs, poor bowling from myself

By this time, the small crowd had grown to around a crowd of 70, many of them were at the club to play darts, but where watching anyhow.

4th Ball: 1 run, now i was getting nervous, i just knew i had to give it some flight and pitch it up.
5th Ball: Hit in the air, maybe to the boundary, no, there is a man down there. seconds feel like hours but... He Held On to it.
Last Ball: 3 to win, i bowl, they hit, they run, it's fielded, they go back for the second to draw, the throw comes in, and a direct hit at the keepers end runs their batsman out,

WE WON by 1 run on the last ball,

My Proudest moment

closely followed by a game against Hampton for my school.

Had it not drizzled and their upper-class rich-boys decided that they might get wet so they should abandon the match, we would've won.

My most annoying moment in my school career

D0N

Club Cricketer
My Favourite match was yesterday when we won the Final & i was the man of the match these were the special moments for me

Users who are viewing this thread