Your Cricket Your Favourite Shot?

Your Favourite Shot?

• Total voters

Highlander999

ICC President
What is your favourite/trademark shot. For me, I just love the straight drive. When you time it and it goes back past the bowler, all the way to the rope it is such a great feeling :)

tassietiger

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I could never play a cut shot at all, until one day I had a crack at one against a super quick bowler and it carried for four with ease. Then I realised something about the cut shot, if you throw the bat at it hard enough, no slips/point fieldsman is likely to be good enough to stop it. It goes high and it goes hard. Of course if you middle one, which isn't too regular a thing for me, it looks fantastic. If you swing and miss, who cares, it's nowhere near the stumps anyway. It soon became my favourite shot.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Straight Drive or Pull for me, i seem to be naturally good at playing the ball straight, and my timing of the straight drive is very good once i've got my eye in. I like the pull aswell, i get good bat speed, so it really rockets off the bat, even if i don't middle it, when middled it flies off like a rocket. Helps that my bat is awesome aswell, tis a cracking bat for £70.

CricketPlayer55

International Coach
Ya stupid you did'nt add a reverse sweep option!:p

...Oh wait there's an other option lol!:p

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
Not so much a straight drive as a slog really hard past the bowler, because it makes him think you can hurt him :p it's annoying for the bowler and I've hit my first ball of the season for 2 seasons in a rw for 4 with it :D My best shot early on, at least in the shorter 20/20 for U17s cricket.

Although I'd rather watch a Ricky Potning on drive or a Michael Vaughan cover drive ;)

.Mob

International Coach
Big heave over cow corner will do me just fine.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Taquila.

As I voted, I dont bat that much.

shubhrayu

International Coach
Every Batsman would say the square cut and the cover drive because these are the most difficult shots and are beautiful to watch.

Manly

Thor
No foot movement at all, just slide the weight back over the back foot and cream it through point. No point fielder (apart from me) can stop it.

Users who are viewing this thread