Your Football

blake

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Lost 5-4 against a team who were dropping down a division, they dominated possession and had heaps of chances but we missed a few as well. Late in the game I had a great chance to score my first goal, ball was bouncing in the box and I struck a volley from close range, bounces off the keeper so I shot it again around him, hits the defender and goes out for a corner.....

So many chances, yet I cannot score. Ah well.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
In My School (In 7th Standard I Think) I Was The 3rd Worst Defender. But I Did Pretty Well.Lol.:laugh:laugh. But I Do Good Saves.

Bevab

Staff Member
Who are you, Luis Suarez?

Upto Me I Am Luis Suarez.
In Class Friendlies, 1-1 Was The Result. I Did A Final Save. My Classmate Was A Traitor. He Bunked Our Class And Went To The Other Class Team. But He Was Good For Nothing.

blake

School Cricketer
Great work Bevab! You sure showed that traitor!

I wish I could play as well as you, you sound like a superstar. :(

Dr. Pepper

Chairman of Selectors
Seeing as your national teams are India, Australia, England and New Zealand - who will you be representing at the next World Cup?

I want to get back into playing football but people are on holiday etc and we can't arrange anything. I'm getting lazier normal.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Not really "my" football but I went to see Chicago Fire vs New York Red Bulls on Sunday. It was 0-0 but was exciting in parts. Chicago dominated the first half but couldn't put some easy chances away but they seemed to lose the determination to win in the second half. New York had many chances in the second half but Chicago's goalkeeper was just amazing; he made 7 saves on the night. Ljungberg was Chicago's best player. His dribbling skills were great and he set up quite a few chances and came close to scoring himself. He should have stuck to what almost created goals in the first half in the second half as he started to drift out wide and also going back to defend. He was trying to do everything in the second half because well, nobody else was any good. However, he showed that he's still got it. From the New York side, Henry was ████. He didn't move a muscle and came off after 45 minutes. I'm fairly sure he's not carrying an injury either. Rafael Marquez was played as central midfielder and did fairly well. However, New York's best player of the night was Macoumba Kandji who played as a striker/winger. He came in from wide and got into great positions and also created a few good chances. It wasn't a very eventful game but I got to see Rafael Marquez, Thierry Henry, Freddie Ljungberg, Rafael Marquez and Brian McBride.

Dr. Pepper

Chairman of Selectors
That is pretty awesome. I wish I could've seen all these players play. Henry is a genuine legend of football, Ljungberg was one of the best in the world at his peak and Marquez is one of my favourite players. Shame Henry was poor, a full flowing Henry is watching a genius in action.

Bevab

Staff Member
Latest Class Friendlies Results: Our Team:2 Their Team:0
Great Work By My Friend. He Was Awesome. He Converted A Bad Pass Into A Marvellous Goal. Man Of The Match Is Him. And His Twin Did Nice Goalkeeping. This Is What Called Twin Partnership. Traitor Is Good For Nothing. Even Sushi Is Better Than Him. Only Shows Off. Has Done No Good.

rosewt02

2nd XI Cricketer
Just gonna bring this back -

Its first vs second on Sunday - Us being the latter - and im playing against my old team so I know everyone there. I was absolotly useless there but ive been playing well recently, actually worried about muffing up against them and losing my form. :lol

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
gave up playing football a couple of seasons ago. used to play as a goalkeeper but I was a handy outfield player, in the midfield or up front. Last season I played, we got hammered when we moved up to A grade in Youth. We didn't win a game, I don't think. I think we managed to draw 2 but we lost everything else. Our defenders were so ████, I had to make so many saves each game so I didn't think I did too badly.

2 games I can remember really well during that season. One against Sussex, where I was playing outfield for the first half and we were 5-1 down at half time. I really didn't feel like keeping that game but I took the gloves for the second half. We ended up taking a 5-5 draw, can't remember who scored them but I made a few really good saves.

The other game I remember was against the top team in the competition. It was one of the only games I played outfield. It was raining and I didn't really want to keep so I played as right mid. We got completely dominated, but I was glad to have opened the scoring, my only goal in the season. The ball came across the field. I said I had it so I took the ball and I was still well outside the box. I had heaps of room so I decided to take a crack at it. I hit it well and it bounced just before the goal as it went into the bottom corner after the goalkeeper tried to scramble across his line but failed pretty bad. We ended up losing 9-1 though. I remember the next day at school, we had a science in class assignment and my best friend decided to do on the last slide of our powerpoint, 'Hedger scored a goal against Culburra!!!'

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Golies FTW :thumbs

I was a part-time goalie at school and preferred defence. Come to Uni, I'm nowhere near good enough to be defender, but I'm now reserve goalkeeper for Mechanical Engineering's team and International Student's Association team.

I do need a lot of work though. I still tend to fumble the ball once in a while, and apparently I catch the ball too late and should catch it as high as possible, to evade strikers.

Also, I should diver/jump around more than I do currently.

rosewt02

2nd XI Cricketer
In net is always my prefered positon but last year i played in net for this first half of season and broke my finger so i stopped playing in net and the other keeper is useless outfield so ive been playing up front but I wanna start playing in net again. :rolleyes

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
I used to play in goal too. We seem to have a high percentage of goalkeepers it would seem.

The PC Football team have no worries there then shame about the rest though.

Dr. Pepper

Chairman of Selectors
Need to get back into playing. I used to play 5-a-side every other week, but it's been ages since I played now.

I love sitting deep and (attempting to) spray passes across the pitch. I'm a very poor man's Xavi. Then every few attacks I'll just weave my way through the defence and score a beauty :p

Users who are viewing this thread