Your thought on Career mode and Domestic teams/leagues

sounak_patra

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Do you think Career mode and Domestic teams/leagues are very important in modern day cricket games in spite of good play? :)

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
It's irrelevant really as we know this version won't have career mode. It helps longevity but gameplay is the most important part of any game.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
It's irrelevant really as we know this version won't have career mode. It helps longevity but gameplay is the most important part of any game.

This and online gameplay :yes

duberryboy1

Club Captain
BLIC 2005 could do test match tournaments which was brilliant, i think its embarrassing that in terms of game modes things have not moved forward in 8 years. At the least the creation of your own leagues/tournaments with any format should be standard.

D

Dutch

BLIC 2005 could do test match tournaments which was brilliant, i think its embarrassing that in terms of game modes things have not moved forward in 8 years. At the least the creation of your own leagues/tournaments with any format should be standard.

Big Ant cricket will have this.....

D

Dutch

Yeah i know that, i just don't understand why ashes 13 overlooked it.

They have decided to put their focus on other areas...as I have understood it, pouring all their available resources into gameplay.....we will have to wait and see what that brings. Myself am quietly confident. On the other hand it means so much to the longevity of the game if you can set up your own league or series the way you want it....

savvart

Associate Cricketer
Considering IC2010 had a decent base - this version 'should' be a step up from that surely... :D

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
It's all a bit complicated by the fact that Codemasters not Trickstar own the code so this is built from scratch.
Hopefully you're right though.

MuchMore

International Coach
Profile Flag
Fiji
They have decided to put their focus on other areas...as I have understood it, pouring all their available resources into gameplay.....we will have to wait and see what that brings. Myself am quietly confident. On the other hand it means so much to the longevity of the game if you can set up your own league or series the way you want it....

Given post-patches AC09 had a pretty decent game-play, I don't think a 'lot' can be improved w.r.t. game-play alone. I think only a few 'new' things like bat-pad and smarter-AI could at best be added but then does that warrant a new game for itself?

Personally, the next obvious step for Ashes Cricket franchise would be tournaments, better player animations, career-mode, stats-tracking and bug-fixes. Unless they have unearthed a completely new batting/bowling mechanism I don't see how they needed to put most of their resources in improving game-play.

I genuinely think AC09 had the basics right. Not sure, what more can they offer in AC13 and will it be worth the money if they don't launch the game at the price they launched AC09.

SibiNaayagam

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Who asked for built-in tours already? Atleast the manual option to choose from different formats and play as one tournament should do good.
Instead of choose 5 tests/5odis/5t20s, why can't we choose 3 tests followed by 5 2 t20s and 5 odis?

Munkeymomo

Panel of Selectors
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'm looking forwards to the new bowling system, it sounds promising.

I really hope they've overhauled the batting. Thought it was a mess on AC09/IC10.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman

If the game focuses too much on the Ashes like the last game did, its appeal will come to an end as soon as the Ashes do.

I genuinely think AC09 had the basics right. Not sure, what more can they offer in AC13 and will it be worth the money if they don't launch the game at the price they launched AC09.

Yep. After Patch 2 on PC, AC09 was easily the best cricket game I've ever played. But this is a whole new developer isn't it, so chances are all that's been thrown out of the window. :(

MuchMore

International Coach
Profile Flag
Fiji
But this is a whole new developer isn't it, so chances are all that's been thrown out of the window.

One doesn't simply forget the code he has invested more than a year in. Pretty certain the devs at Trickstar will be re-writing (if not re-using) the same stuff again unless they want to change the core functionality itself.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
One doesn't simply forget the code he has invested more than a year in. Pretty certain the devs at Trickstar will be re-writing (if not re-using) the same stuff again unless they want to change the core functionality itself.

I hope they don't reuse the same code coz "bat on ball" physics weren't all that great along with AI.

Users who are viewing this thread