Who is better in bowling ?

• Zaheer Khan

Votes: 30 56.6%
  • James Anderson

Votes: 23 43.4%

• Total voters

angryangy

ICC Chairman
England have lots of bowlers that average close to or under 30, whereas India in the past decade have only had about 2-3. I don't think it's about changing the way the team plays, it's just about how easily they can be replaced.

AnasK

Club Captain
Zaheer is better bowler than Anderson as Zaheer can bowl well in every condition. But there is not a huge difference between two of those if Zaheer is rated 85/100 than Anderson should be 84 IMO.

But India need to find more good pacers. Currently I think India does not have good pacers other than Zaheer. They need to work on Ishant Sharma for limited-overs as well as he has a good pace and can serve India. And specially Praveen Kumar, he is brilliant bowler. He doesn't have much pace but his swing, line and length are really good.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
^India have got two very promising bowlers in Yadev and Varun Arun. If groomed properly these two could be the first pair of genuine quickies to pair up for India. Except for Srinath and Zaheer, all Indian Fast bowlers sucked. I have not seen Kapil but he was a medium pacer as per my knowledge and a good one at that.

S

Satan666

You can use that argument a number of ways though. You could argue it's harder for Zaheer since he has no support so all batsmen have to do is see him off and then they can make hay vs the lesser bowlers. It's the old Richard Hadlee vs Malcolm Marshall argument or Murali vs Warne. One in a team of stars, the other the only star in their team.

Yes, youre quite correct, however Zaheer is certainly not of the same ilk as Hadllee, I wouldnt even bother with the chucker.

----------

Please tell me you were joking, about the Gul part that is.

Yes Epic I am sure he is joking, cuz Gul is certainly a couple teirs above Anderson and Zaheer.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
On his day, Gul is as good as anyone but these days are very scarce and are preceded and proceeded by very ordinary performance. He is a kind of bowler who will single handedly win you every 30th or so match but will also cost you every 10th game he plays in.

vet_m

Club Cricketer
you also have to look who is a better athlete and fielder..James Anderson for me.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
Zaheer probably the better batsman though...and then there is hairstyles to consider too - the flowing mane of Zaheer wins that one too :D

dakotes

Banned
I would go with James coz he can play in all conditions and a fit bowler has swing and pace.

ved_

International Coach
Thing is, Zaheer comes in with the attitude of a bulldozer, looks like a lion. That fizzles out as soon as he bats, when he has the attitude of a bloody kmoped, carefree and is a small mouse. Bats like a schoolboy nowadays, just thwacks around, a more careless version of Shahid Afridi if you ask me.

Users who are viewing this thread