Zidane gets the Golden Ball

JamesyJames3

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
usy said:
and what to expect if someones swears at a angry guy, what more then a head-butt?

Usy, if someone swears at him or his family he should learn to rise above it and tell the world what was said to him after the game. If he had something racist said towards him and he hadn't headbutted the Italian, and then gone on to tell the media. Materrazzi would have been in a lot of trouble and not Zidane.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
aitzaz said:
Well do u remeber 98 worldcup quarter final? Zidane got Red Card..... and a fact for u! Zidane was the Guy who got 100th red card i dont know it was in history of entire soccer or in worldcup...... The meaning of all this is he is a angry guy
He certainly is. I remember his head-butting incident at Juventus that earned him a five match ban.

But then again, lots of great players before Zidane have lost their cool, and have been sent off as well. Not that I am supporting his act the other night.

usy said:
and what to expect if someones swears at a angry guy, what more then a head-butt?
Irrespective of what one says, you CANNOT take matters into your own hands. I think I said this yesterday as well. Zidane was at fault, and thats a fact.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
But it cannot stop him from being The best player out there.

JamesyJames3

International Coach
usy said:

Well, we could argue all week about who is the best player in the world. Personally I wouldn't consider Zidane as the best. He is up there but not the best.

And no you're right a red card couldn't change what he has achieved in his career, but what he has achieved is now overshadowed by a moment of shame which everyone will remember.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
usy said:
Well I dont know about the best, as I havent seen much of Pele, Platini, Eusebio,etc. apart from a view video compilations. But I think we can rate Zidane as the best of his generation. Three World Player of the Year awards support my statement.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
No doubt he's a great player. Probably one of the best of his generation. I wont say the best as there are a few fantastic players who have played the game and its hard to rate one higher than the others. But did he deserve the best player of the tournament award? I'm not sure (especially after being sent off). The thing is I find it hard to think of an outstanding player this tournament. All in all the football has been pretty average with only a handfuyl of standout games.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Kev said:
No doubt he's a great player. Probably one of the best of his generation. I wont say the best as there are a few fantastic players who have played the game and its hard to rate one higher than the others. But did he deserve the best player of the tournament award? I'm not sure (especially after being sent off). The thing is I find it hard to think of an outstanding player this tournament. All in all the football has been pretty average with only a handfuyl of standout games.

Definitely. We seem to have particularly lacked decent strikers too.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Well lets face it. Most of the players were tired from the domestic season. Especially the ones playing for teams that lasted the distance in the Champions League.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Speaking of which, poor Thierry Henry. Losing the CL and WC finals in the space of a month! Don't think Italy have any Barca players...

JamesyJames3

International Coach
m_vaughan said:
Well lets face it. Most of the players were tired from the domestic season. Especially the ones playing for teams that lasted the distance in the Champions League.

Yea but why is that different from any other World Cup year?

Personally I believe Canavarro should have got it. Italy's defence was great and he led them well.

I agree with Colin though. One of the lowest total goal amounts for a World Cup this one. 20 less than in 2002. The strikers weren't up to scratch.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Some credit to the defenders also. They as it is hardly get any.

Zidane had to perform against tougher opposition, while Italy dint face any strong team till the semis.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
The only thing I will say I am happy that Zidane has been named the best player of the tournament.

pal

International Coach
Well deserved honor in light of his retirement, but I hope he still comes back for one more game.

Users who are viewing this thread