Zimbabwe Cricket In Fresh Crisis:

Sureshot

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
What do you mean again?

First time their government has taken them over.

Now the ICC has to boot them out, no cricket authority should let a nation being ruled by a racist thug who kills for no reason be in our sport.

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Could actually end up being a good thing.

Kicking out the white and asian members of the board may just make the ICC stop counting it's money made from trivial fines and sit up and take notice.

FreddieFan

International Coach
I don't think they will retain their Test status, and I definately don't think they should. First time the ICC has had a cast-iron excuse, they have to take advantage of it.

YOTC

Club Cricketer
Probably something like, "This is not as serious as harmless banter" :p

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
ICC Statement

The problems in Zimbabwe are purely a domestic matter, and therefore the ICC can not get involved.

Despite the fact that the players problems are with the current administration, we feel that the current administration are the best people to deal with this.

We hope that the situtation is resolved as soon as possible, as the absence of the Zimbabwe team will mean a loss in revenue for the ICC.

Teams will still be required to tour Zimbabwe. Only security reasons can be considered when calling off tours, dismissing all white and asian members of the Zimbabwe Cricket board is not the ICC's concern.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Wow.
In other words racism and corruption are fine but by god you better not lose us any money through canceling tours or wearing the wrong sponsors logos.

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
barmyarmy said:
Wow.
In other words racism and corruption are fine but by god you better not lose us any money through canceling tours or wearing the wrong sponsors logos.
Colin, please tell me you realised the above was meant to be satire.........

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
andrew_nixon said:
Colin, please tell me you realised the above was meant to be satire.........

It's hard to tell with the ICC. I should have realised from the grammatical error in line 2... ;)
If you take the 'wow' out my post reads fine :)

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
andrew_nixon said:
We hope that the situtation is resolved as soon as possible, as the absence of the Zimbabwe team will mean a loss in revenue for the ICC.

That's the most stupid thing i've heard from an International sport comitee/association.

Users who are viewing this thread