India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The big news is Win 10 free for upgrade from Genuine Win 7 or 8 for the first year
Yup, I've watched the whole event live and it gonna be free for me (as a Windows 8.1 Customer).

My highlights about this event:
-Loving the UI, accuracy of Cortana on PC as well as the most important, the Project Spartan.

-Great, will get hands on Windows 10 for phones, this February.

-The Projecty Spartan looks a really great project with an awesome UI and a vareity of new features like writing and commenting directly on the Website, Most important thing about Coratana is that It will do things accurately than currently doing on Phones.

As a Lumia Customer, I will get the Windows 10 for phone for free. '

Just can't wait to give a hand these both Tech Previews. Talking about the Microsoft Service Hub, Its a good addition to the software department of Microsoft. The Microsoft Holographic look a really next generation in technology with a great featuring and much more.

You can get the real time video (2:19 hrs) and a highlighted video by Joe Belfiore of 7 minutes as well as the Important pictures Here And get the new Technical Preview soon next week (most probably Moday between 9 to 10 am PST) Here

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Just got the New Preview builf yesterday, Was testing it for a while, great features, UI and other awesome looks were observed by me and my Dad like Cortana.
W10--9926.png[DOUBLEPOST=1422116254][/DOUBLEPOST]@Samuels please transfer the thread to me so I can Keep updating the info.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Amazing news for consumers that Windows 10 is going to be free if you already have Windows 8 or 7. I am definitely upgrading it Day one.

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
why would you upgrade to a new os on day 1

you always wait a few months for the worst bugs to be gotten rid of

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
why would you upgrade to a new os on day 1

you always wait a few months for the worst bugs to be gotten rid of

Not really the case with Windows operating systems. Due to the multiple pre-release builds that are released by MS which are tested by users, they really iron out most of the bugs before the official release. With Windows 8, it was a case of radical changes that puts users off rather than bugs.

Eventually, people don't upgrade to a new Windows OS due to two reasons - 1) price, 2) adaptability issues

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
hmm, a panel at the right side of the screen where you'll get notifications; wonder where they got that from...

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
It was a bad attempt to be funny - although it is strange that the OS X notification panel also happens to slide out from the right side of the screen...

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Can anybody help me download a legal copy of Windows 7 Home Premium for free anywhere? I have a Dell Inspiron 15R and recently had a HDD crash and lost my OS. I have the Windows 7 valid key (on the bottom of my laptop) but I dont have any recovery discs with me right now (lost them somewhere and have been frantically searching). I dowloaded a Win 7 Home Premium somewhere but when I try to install it, it says "Compatible device drivers not found. Check installation media". I tried downloading the drivers but to no avail. I guess that copy is a corrupted one.

I want a legal copy that's free of viruses. I have the legal key of Windows 7. Currently I am using Ubuntu temporarily to make my laptop useable. But I want to get back to Windows because when Windows 10 comes, I cant upgrade to it unless I have a valid Windows OS installed in my laptop.

Users who are viewing this thread