Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
This is really a great game. But there are two things really missing and makes the cricket game fans disappointed.
  • Helicopter Shot - Which is one of the greatest shots in cricket and which fan really like to play in the cricket games and which increases the momentum of the game itself
  • Malinga Bowling Game - Which is a Unique type of bowling style and also a tough type usually batsman faces in real cricket. I saw a 50 % similar type of bowling bowled by malinga in Ashes Cricket 2009.
Creating such a shot and bowling style by Big Ant won't be a big deal. Hence, expecting it in the further update on the game.

I rate the game as 9/10. Because this is a complete game of cricket that can be played in a console and PC.

good gravy.[DOUBLEPOST=1432748831][/DOUBLEPOST]
You do understand adding these will require new mo-caps, design, animations, integrating these new animations in the game and so on so forth. In nutshell, making these changes will be a "big deal" and are more of a next iteration of the DBC franchise items, not something that can be patched in easily.

yep... forgetting the mo-cap: that's why his post was ridiculous...

grkrama

National Board President
Im sure MSD retirement is around the corner. He isn't who he used to be a few years back. Slow reflex and aging body is show its effect on his technique which relied a lot on those two./ Its a surprise he is still making decent runs despite these limitations.

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Im sure MSD retirement is around the corner. He isn't who he used to be a few years back. Slow reflex and aging body is show its effect on his technique which relied a lot on those two./ Its a surprise he is still making decent runs despite these limitations.

Isnt he the greatest...

Vignesh Rao S

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
You do understand adding these will require new mo-caps, design, animations, integrating these new animations in the game and so on so forth. In nutshell, making these changes will be a "big deal" and are more of a next iteration of the DBC franchise items, not something that can be patched in easily.

Yeah yeah yeah,
I understand there are a lot of things to be done for this... But "Real Cricket 14", an android game has created such a shot, and on considering the same I have raised a request on it.
Helicopter shot can be used in really playing cricket, only if the batsman having good strength and power for changing the momentum on the game. MS Dhoni used to play these kind of shots only on the death for immediate raise in score target.

So if they able to provide such kind of chance to play in DBC14, it could make a great impact in Indian market.

Attachments

• Real Cricket 14.png
    Real Cricket 14.png
    59.7 KB · Views: 19

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Yeah yeah yeah,
I understand there are a lot of things to be done for this... But "Real Cricket 14", an android game has created such a shot, and on considering the same I have raised a request on it.
Helicopter shot can be used in really playing cricket, only if the batsman having good strength and power for changing the momentum on the game. MS Dhoni used to play these kind of shots only on the death for immediate raise in score target.

So if they able to provide such kind of chance to play in DBC14, it could make a great impact in Indian market.

Said it before, will say it again: Helicopter shot is a gimmick. It's a straightforwards hoik, with very little backlift. The "Helicopter" part of it is an unnecessarily florid and dramatic follow through. Plenty of players play the same shot but without the crowd-pleasing sillyness after it. :)

Come at me Dhoni.

(NB: Yesterday was "International MS Awareness Day". Did maybe someone mistake the acronym?)

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Indian game has ludicrous shot played exclusively by preening Indian popinjay... Australian game with timeless legend on the box doesn't have same shot...

Mystery.

Vignesh Rao S

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
I guess we better stop it here itself.

I was actually not talking about MSD. Its about helicoptor shot only.

SibiNaayagam

International Coach
Said it before, will say it again: Helicopter shot is a gimmick. It's a straightforwards hoik, with very little backlift. The "Helicopter" part of it is an unnecessarily florid and dramatic follow through. Plenty of players play the same shot but without the crowd-pleasing sillyness after it. :)

Come at me Dhoni.

(NB: Yesterday was "International MS Awareness Day". Did maybe someone mistake the acronym?)

It wasn't invented for the crowd pleasing aspect. Dhoni is someone who had to adapt to cricket from football goal keeping, thereby he did not have time to 'learn' and practice techniques. He was immediately thrown into competitive cricket, thereby none of his shots has a classic style, I mean NONE. Therefore his 'straight forward' hoik with extra power intended was just raw. While a normal batsman would know better to control his follow through, MSD doesn't and doesn't care. OR maybe he did and that is why you don't see any helicopter nowadays.

Come at me Chief, you don't need MSD for this :P

Chief

Panel of Selectors
It wasn't invented for the crowd pleasing aspect. Dhoni is someone who had to adapt to cricket from football goal keeping, thereby he did not have time to 'learn' and practice techniques. He was immediately thrown into competitive cricket, thereby none of his shots has a classic style, I mean NONE. Therefore his 'straight forward' hoik with extra power intended was just raw. While a normal batsman would know better to control his follow through, MSD doesn't and doesn't care. OR maybe he did and that is why you don't see any helicopter nowadays.

Come at me Chief, you don't need MSD for this :P

No - I accept this. So actually the "helicopter shot" doesn't exist - It's actually just a flail caused by poor technique. Gotcha. :)

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
No - I accept this. So actually the "helicopter shot" doesn't exist - It's actually just a flail caused by poor technique. Gotcha. :)
I will quote what Dhoni said when he was first asked about helicopter shot, he said "When you play street cricket with cosco ball along with friends then they mostly try to bowl yorkers mostly and you have got to create a shot to overcome that, that's when I came up with helicopter shot"....So on the whole its a street smart shot like scoop and other move across the stumps and gliding the ball finer on the leg side....Many street smart things have been included from the day T20s have started and batsman are evolving with some new shots daily....These days when you see a T20 with a unique created shots then we say "Wow, a good/smart shot",but Dhoni played that helicopter shot even before introduction of T20 in cricket so it was "a brilliant invented shot" at that time and he became famous for that....Whatever shots are played these days helicopter shot and MSD will always have a connection and no one can break that.....

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
I wanted to better understand how the arm speed attribute correlates to bowling speed and also understand why Medium pacers seem to be a bit too slow in this game, so I've taken note of how fast certain bowlers in this game bowl in relation to arm speed (on a 50-99 scale), and these are the results for a standard straight seam delivery with good timing on jump input and release point;

Fast bowler, maximum (99) arm speed: 151.2 km/h
Fast bowler, 82 arm speed: 148.1 km/h

Fast-Medium bowler, maximum (99) arm speed: 140.4 km/h
Fast-Medium bowler, 85 arm speed: 137.9 km/h
Fast-Medium bowler, 75 arm speed: 136.0 km/h

Medium bowler, maximum (99) arm speed: 126.0 km/h
Medium bowler, 82 arm speed: 120.4 km/h

So arm speed makes a subtle but noticeable different to the speeds of Fast and Fast-Medium bowlers, and the drop-off in pace appears to be similar for both bowling styles, with a 10.8 km/h difference between a Fast bowler and a Fast-Medium bowler if arm speed is the same on both, and presumably a 9-9.5 km/h difference between a bowler with maximum arm speed and one with minimum.

Medium pace, on the other hand, is quick enough when arm speed is at or close to maximum, but the pace falls away very quickly, with what appears to be an over 16 km/h difference between the fastest and slowest Medium pacers. What myself and others can take away from this is that right now, it's almost a necessity for a Medium pacer who's known to be a solid part-time or even first change bowler in real life to either have an arm speed attribute that's at or close to maximum, or otherwise be classified as a Fast-Medium with minimum arm speed.

Perhaps the correlation between arm speed and bowling speed for Medium pacers could be tweaked in patch 3...

What speeds do you get when the arm speed is set to the lowest amount? (50%)

grkrama

National Board President
Isnt he the greatest...

Ofcourse he is but all greatness comes with an expiry date

Indian game has ludicrous shot played exclusively by preening Indian popinjay... Australian game with timeless legend on the box doesn't have same shot...

Mystery.

nothing mysterious there australian game with timeless legend for all the beauty and joy it has brought to the virtual world of cricket is still very poor in range of strokes available, from poorer hook shot, slog sweep, glide to thirdman, good looking backfoot punches, scoop is a joke, leaves are dramatic etc oh and ofcourse they cant have stuff like helicopter till they get these right.

No - I accept this. So actually the "helicopter shot" doesn't exist - It's actually just a flail caused by poor technique. Gotcha.

ITs not a hoik its a whiplash moment balanced by a peculiar followthough. A hoick is about timing and power, a whiplash is about batspeed and meeting the ball at some point through the shot lot of difference.

better explanation :p

you mean to say this guy has poor technique too ?

there is no other shot that can 'hoick' a perfect malinga yorker for six.

the follow-through is what make that whiplash possible so yes it is a different shot.

celebrating MS awareness day worth a watch :D

though some of the later ones are hoicks like chief say and not helicopters..no wonder people get confused.

Users who are viewing this thread