How are you doing in your career?

Narticulous

School Cricketer
Hi All, am currently playing for Victoria in career mode, my English Cup status is expecting selection. Been this way for a couple of seasons now. Cant seem to get to choose a county team and play in England whilst off season in Australia, have done patch up date and get best. In DBC14 use to be able to play in Aus and Eng domestic? Help in clarifying please? Thank you

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
I've really got to wonder, while playing my English domestic career, why all the creators of the custom English stadiums decided to put huge Alpine mountains in the background of a lot of them. I wonder if the guy who made The Oval has ever actually been to Surrey!? :lol:lol:lol

Luckily it's easy enough to go into the stadium editor and remove them.

Ruckus

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Does anyone know if anything is going to be fixed in regards to stamina. I bowled a few overs and then sat on my butt for 40 overs whilst my team was batting. End of Day one.. 10 overs into day 2 and I head out to the middle, with 0 stamina.. This really needs fixing sooner rather than later.

D

Dutch

Does anyone know if anything is going to be fixed in regards to stamina. I bowled a few overs and then sat on my butt for 40 overs whilst my team was batting. End of Day one.. 10 overs into day 2 and I head out to the middle, with 0 stamina.. This really needs fixing sooner rather than later.
It is being worked on. It will take a little while before things can be finalised I think as they have to make sure that by fixing one thing it doesn't break something else.....

Ruckus

School Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It is being worked on. It will take a little while before things can be finalised I think as they have to make sure that by fixing one thing it doesn't break something else.....

Do you know if it's high up on the priority list? I can understand it's maybe not that simple to fix but It makes me wonder if it's actually even close to being fixed as it surely would have been noticed well before release.

Staresblank

Club Captain
I've had the dreaded new ball bug. Is that RIP for my career or does anyone know a way to get round it?

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
I've really got to wonder, while playing my English domestic career, why all the creators of the custom English stadiums decided to put huge Alpine mountains in the background of a lot of them. I wonder if the guy who made The Oval has ever actually been to Surrey!? :lol:lol:lol

What are you talking about? I thought London was famous for its mountains! :p

I went through editing them all like you anyway, haha! On topic though, I'm now two and a half seasons in and some much improved performances recently have seen my go from having no chance of selection anywhere to now getting attention from my county for the first class and one day games! I'm still a long way off the T20 competition but I prefer longer games so I'm happy to get those first. Hopefully I can keep going until the end of the season, and I'm also apparently up to 'long way off' on the NZ Provincial Shield so a few people are starting to keep their eyes on me. Presumably as a result I've also just been made club captain which is nice - now to roundly abuse it and promote myself up the order to give myself more of a chance to score some runs haha!

D

Deleted member 46200

Just a pity we can put those wonderful gasometers in their place.

Fantazm

County Cricketer
I'm not sure I can play this game.

I've got it set on the easiest wimpiest custom setting ever and I'm still crap. I've got to level 43 now and I'm averaging 15 from 24 games. One score over about 38 and that was my lone 56*

I'm bloody brilliant hitting the ball directly to fielders on the ground and inside edging it to the keeper though.

For some unknown reason they've made me captain though, and another annoyance is that you can't set a new default team. The team it keeps choosing as default is missing the highest ranked player in the squad and I keep having to put him back in the team before every single game.

Plotinus

Associate Captain
Just a pity we can put those wonderful gasometers in their place.
Agreed...would also like to see the No.36 bus trundling down the Harleyford Road and pidgeons wandering between point and cover. None of the English grounds really feel English (though great effort from their creators using the assets available).

D

Deleted member 46200

Agreed...would also like to see the No.36 bus trundling down the Harleyford Road and pidgeons wandering between point and cover. None of the English grounds really feel English (though great effort from their creators using the assets available).
Yes would like to have seen some character in the grounds.

D

Deleted member 46200

I'm not sure I can play this game.

I've got it set on the easiest wimpiest custom setting ever and I'm still crap. I've got to level 43 now and I'm averaging 15 from 24 games. One score over about 38 and that was my lone 56*

I'm bloody brilliant hitting the ball directly to fielders on the ground and inside edging it to the keeper though.

For some unknown reason they've made me captain though, and another annoyance is that you can't set a new default team. The team it keeps choosing as default is missing the highest ranked player in the squad and I keep having to put him back in the team before every single game.
You play like me so keep going you need to level up!

Fantazm

County Cricketer
and I've just scored 73 off 47. Tried to slog my last 3 deliveries, scored 10 and then was c&b by superman spinner diving to his left.

Users who are viewing this thread