1st Ashes Test Match - Reduced Skills. Full Playtest.

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
@wealey88 if you wouldn't mind as you have some time on your hands, reckon you could try playing with both teams set up the same way as you have the AI team in the next match?

It would be very to handy to know how batting is with these values to find out if they can be set universally as opposed to having to set up the human batting team differently.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Well was horrific batting to start with ha! Got alot of time off so fun to have a good play through.

I shine it but I haven't noticed anything occur that would make me think its essential. How do you look to bowl? I just look to bowl the channel outside off and just vary it slightly!

I see, well I've watched 21 years of cricket so I know that a McGrath like approach should get you nicks. I've had one in about 180 overs with the weakened teams. Maybe it literally only happens when it's overcast :( - It seems that with each new patch they bring out, edges become less frequent

Wealey

ICC Board Member
@wealey88 if you wouldn't mind as you have some time on your hands, reckon you could try playing with both teams set up the same way as you have the AI team in the next match?

It would be very to handy to know how batting is with these values to find out if they can be set universally as opposed to having to set up the human batting team differently.

Yes mate can do that no problems. Ill do it after I have finished this one off. Yeah would be ideal![DOUBLEPOST=1437655892][/DOUBLEPOST]
I see, well I've watched 21 years of cricket so I know that a McGrath like approach should get you nicks. I've had one in about 180 overs with the weakened teams. Maybe it literally only happens when it's overcast :( - It seems that with each new patch they bring out, edges become less frequent

Im pretty sure mine wernt all when overcast but ill crack on with second innings and check the weather!

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Yes mate can do that no problems. Ill do it after I have finished this one off. Yeah would be ideal![DOUBLEPOST=1437655892][/DOUBLEPOST]

Im pretty sure mine wernt all when overcast but ill crack on with second innings and check the weather!

I've also bowled 50 overs with 1.20.1, so that could be an issue :)

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
Does shining help get any reverse swing ?

Maybe, I had one game when the ball suddenly started swinging from out of nowhere around the 60th over. It will still go in the same direction as you have chosen to swing it but it is exaggerated. Now I have no idea whether this was related to shining the ball or the conditions but before this happened I had hardly been generating any swing at all.

Shining the ball isn't cosmetic, it will increase swing and I think it helps to keep working on the ball.

Try this experiment the next time you play but wait a few overs into the new ball. Bowl a swinging delivery and then check Bigeye. Then give the ball a shine and bowl the same delivery, check again with Bigeye and you will see the difference.

Last edited:

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Bairstow (151) makes Australia pay after being dropped on 15 and 132 before finally being removed by Hazlewood, before Ali (42) helps creep England up to Australia's total until Johnson polishes off the tail with the new ball.

However Australia suffer torrid spell before Lunch on Day 3 to leave the game in the balance!!

Lunch Day 3

Australia 12/2

Day 3 Morning Session:

The new ball has been a menace in this game. So far it really has been the perfect Test as i'm sure you would agree. The run out definitely not helping the Aussies but they do occur in matches so I have no issue with that.

Interesting to note its cloudy again this morning with clear skies expecting in the evening session.

grkrama

National Board President
One thing im noticing is the way you are pushing RS slightly to the sides gets those really good deliveries , something that is also my experience whenever i bowled good deliveries and got good edges.

If that can be made slightly more easy to control or tied in with bowler skill would make it more realistic to bowl and generate edges i guess.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
One thing im noticing is the way you are pushing RS slightly to the sides gets those really good deliveries , something that is also my experience whenever i bowled good deliveries and got good edges.

If that can be made slightly more easy to control or tied in with bowler skill would make it more realistic to bowl and generate edges i guess.

Yeah I always try to do this and as subtle as I can! Sometimes I have thrown it much wider of off stump and got a nick as well!

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Australia regain control as Smith (54*) and Voges (49*) remain unbeaten at Tea after Clarke (2) nicks Anderson to Buttler first ball after Lunch.

Tea Day 3

Australia 118-3

Day 3 Afternoon Session:

Once again the new ball causing all sorts of issues and the AI rebuilding once the ball lost its shine. I forgot to record the Clarke dismissal but another nice edge through to Buttler off a defensive prod. Which makes about 8 or so edges in the game so far. I just wished their were a few more nicks that flew for 4 etc that you get when you bat.

Users who are viewing this thread