6,000 Don Bradman 14 Copies Shipped to India

fanzty

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Update: On Friday (April 4, 2014), another shipment cleared custom. It contained 2,000 DBC14 Xbox 360 copies and 1,500 PS3 copies.

For what it's worth, the first batch, containing 6,000 copies of the PS3 version, arrived in India on Tuesday: Don bradman cricket 14 Import Shipment Data and Price

That number seems pretty respectable to me, especially considering that the Xbox version (which I am waiting for) is yet to arrive. What do you guys think about the game's prospects in India?

Last edited:

Chief

Panel of Selectors
For what it's worth, the first batch, containing 6,000 copies of the PS3 version, arrived in India on Tuesday: Don bradman cricket 14 Import Shipment Data and Price

That number seems pretty respectable to me, especially considering that the Xbox version (which I am waiting for) is yet to arrive. What do you guys think about the game's prospects in India?

Woah. This stuff is public information? Interesting...

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
so we assume a similar number of xbox copies in a separate shipment to take them past the fifa number?

Chief

Panel of Selectors
*gets out calculator*

They received 1500 copies of Ashes 09 PC last month! I wasn't sure we'd sold that many. :-)

Good to see that the value of them is estimated as ?1.44 though. A PRINCELY SUM.

Last edited:

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
Well assuming they retail at 3999 rupees as I've seen quoted. Thats a nice sum of ?230k+ just for the PS3 sales in one country. Looks good for Big Ant

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Minus 13% tax, 29% import duties, ~600 Rs. in platform holder fees (conversion of a rough estimate of vague info about those costs), and a cut to the retailer, distributor and publisher.

As such based on my possibly wrong math, Big Ant would at most be making about 1500 Rs. per copy sold, probably less than that. So ?90k or less.

Still good though considering how tough the market is.

fanirama

Club Captain
6000 copies? Thats it? Surely that must be a typo.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
Considering Ross said the first shipment to India would be around 10,000 in total, no, not a type. It's just not that big of a market for legitimate purchases.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Considering Ross said the first shipment to India would be around 10,000 in total, no, not a type. It's just not that big of a market for legitimate purchases.

Exactly!! I guess 15000 copies including PC if they have a copy for PC is good number. I am not going to deny the fact but most users will be using pirated copy which just sucks. Wish we get a technology in near future or something where pirated copies wont be able to do some featurw of game... Main feature

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
This stuff should be public information in every country. Congratulations, India, you're doing a good thing!

angad

Chairman of Consent
Minus 13% tax, 29% import duties, ~600 Rs. in platform holder fees (conversion of a rough estimate of vague info about those costs), and a cut to the retailer, distributor and publisher.

As such based on my possibly wrong math, Big Ant would at most be making about 1500 Rs. per copy sold, probably less than that. So ?90k or less.

Still good though considering how tough the market is.

From what I know they are just making a couple of bucks profit on every copy sold in India.

And it's not just 6000 copies. It's confirmed that between 10000 to 15000 copies were brought in (not grey imports) by the distributor in the first shipment and all of them have been sold out at the distributor's end.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
is it covered as this is shipment record.isnt import duty calculated after landing?
Unit Price would be before duty.

Main point of my post was however to point out you can't just multiply the price by the number of copies - they make a small proportion of the sticker price.

Though the main point of the thread should be - where's my poster!

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)

Users who are viewing this thread