Buying Don Bradman Cricket 14 in Asia

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Are there any plans to release Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC standard edition i.e., without the extras like gamepad, steelbook, etc.?

That's up to the publisher/distributor of the physical versions at retail.

Right now the only "game only" version is the download from Steam.

Aswin8

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Finally got my copy! After 15 days. :facepalm

attachment.php

Attachments

• 10400025_686650571388882_732762370484387453_n.jpg
    10400025_686650571388882_732762370484387453_n.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 238

ABHIII

Club Captain
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Finally ordered my DBC14 Collector's edition PC copy from amazon.in, it was relatively cheaper compared to other websites. i got purchased it for INR 2,774/-
Flipkart has the bonus pack of DBC14 limited edition. it is for INR 3,699/-. they have included a game-pad with it.

Last edited:

ABHIII

Club Captain
IMG-20140823-WA0000.jpg finally got the game today from amazon.in, they send it via speedpost:facepalm.. It took ages to reach. anyway i am thrilled.. :thumbs

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
also the xbox 1 is a very bad console that has very bad specs, but that's a worldwide thing, rather than just an indian one.

Chief

Panel of Selectors
That and Sony are already ahead of Xbox simply because the Xbox One is going to be sold exclusively on Amazon India and not via retail. Its a big risk by Microsoft.

That and Sony have always been far ahead of MS in India. It's a Sony market when it comes to consoles. (Plus I sense that Sony try harder.)

Might be a good move for MS: assuming that Amazon will give it a real marketing push all over their site (and let's assume that's the only reason MS would do it) could mean that they corner the Amazon market. Once they have a foothold in India they can expand that.

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
That and Sony have always been far ahead of MS in India. It's a Sony market when it comes to consoles. (Plus I sense that Sony try harder.)

Might be a good move for MS: assuming that Amazon will give it a real marketing push all over their site (and let's assume that's the only reason MS would do it) could mean that they corner the Amazon market. Once they have a foothold in India they can expand that.

Yeah, might not be a bad move considering that the population that can afford a console is also the one that is comfortable with online shopping. Its still surprising how smartphones have suddenly become a rage in India over the last 3 years or so but yet consoles are still fighting a losing battle when it comes to sales. You would`nt find an iPhone available a couple of days post launch in India and the same goes with most popular smartphone brands. Surely, there is more to it than cost and affordability.

inertSpark

Associate Captain
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Yeah, might not be a bad move considering that the population that can afford a console is also the one that is comfortable with online shopping. Its still surprising how smartphones have suddenly become a rage in India over the last 3 years or so but yet consoles are still fighting a losing battle when it comes to sales. You would`nt find an iPhone available a couple of days post launch in India and the same goes with most popular smartphone brands. Surely, there is more to it than cost and affordability.

Its supply and infrastructure - getting the products out to where people can buy them - if indeed they are affordable in the first place. The vast majority of India is a ruralised (developing) economy, so unless you happen to live in the right town or city (often the right areas of the right city too), then you simply wont have access to the products.

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Its supply and infrastructure - getting the products out to where people can buy them - if indeed they are affordable in the first place. The vast majority of India is a ruralised (developing) economy, so unless you happen to live in the right town or city (often the right areas of the right city too), then you simply wont have access to the products.

I agree but even if you consider for a minute that the semi urban or rural populations are not the target audience, the urban population in India who can afford expensive gadgets is still not trivial. Hence my point about the smartphone market in India. India is now very close to being the second largest smartphone market in the world (report), and smartphones are definitely a luxury! This is why the slow growth rate of the gaming market has more to do with the attitude towards gaming in general and not just availability of consoles or games owing to lack of supply and infrastructure.

grkrama

National Board President
smartphones are definitely a luxury!
not when majority are micromax, also cell phones is an essentially nowadays, so indian market had to accept it, and as most of us go for bang for buck these smart phones picked up, not to mentioned all the marketing and status quo stuff.

whereas gaming is not an essentially, as in right now you need to own a cell phone and if you are getting it you better buy a smartphone, but consoles are nowhere there.

Also lack of gamer culture, gaming was looked down upon by most until recently, things are changing though slowly.

I think both points go hand in hand like chicken egg situation, lack of gaming culture leads to less marketing, and lack of marketing leads to less gaming culture here. this is something that's standard with indian system, unless someone takes the risk and initiative no one will venture into it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread