A battle to the top of the BLIC 2007 Ladder

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Online Cricket Games Owned
Ok, I see all kinds of tournaments going on, some of them not even close to succesful, and some are sort of, just there.

What I have devised here, is a ladder.

The page for it is here - www.myleague.com/blic2007

What you do is you play a person on GameSpy, and tell them that u guys are playing for the BLIC 2007 ladder.

Whoever loses, needs to report their loss onto the system, and then the players' rankings are moved (up or down depending on the loss or win)

If the person you play doesn't report the loss, then you can click "Unreported match" on the sidebar on the left, towards the bottom -

TAKE SCREENSHOTS OF ALL YOUR LADDER MATCHES TILL THE GAME IS REPORTED.

To register:

On the side bar on the left, click "Free Signup" Register, and make an account (Username MUST be same as Gamespy Arcade username)

YOUR USERNAME ON THE LADDER MUST BE THE SAME AS YOUR GAMESPY USERNAME

During your registration, you will see offers for "bux" You don't need to check them, and its best to ignore the offers for them, but if you'd like, you can go ahead and check them (You'll understand what I'm talking about when you register)

These bux will not be used currently (they're for tournaments, which I doubt will be done for BLIC, due to the nature of the population for the game on PC)

Once you've done that, you can play a player (make sure he or she has registered on the website) and try to get to the top.

If the player you played has not registered onto the website, there is nothing I, or the Ladder officials can do.

*Please remember, that the person who loses is the one who reports the loss.

Game rules when facing an opponent:

ALL Ladder games must be played with 10 overs or more (to be agreed on by both participants, Realistic, and the game MUST be a Day only game, or a Day/Night match. Matches cannot be Night only. The ball must be a Kookaburra New ball. The ground played at can be decided by the participants of both games

Full rules list can be found here -> http://www.myleague.com/blic2007/?p=rules

Rules relating to BLIC can be found in the Game-Specific Rules section (includes information about Disconnections, and Field Settings)

I've spent a good 1 and a half weeks devising this, and I think it should be ok now.

Let the games begin!

*Mods, if you could sticky this, since I think this is something that alot of people will be interested in, since the players can play whoever they want anytime they want once registered.

Just to add to this, this is completely free, but they do offer you (as part of some sponsor thing) to get Gold, Platinium, and Diamond accounts, which are useful, if we get more than 100 players, but if not, then its pointless

Last edited:

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Sooo, has anyone joined yet?

Just played an excellent game with knife, this system looks like it will really work out!

paul12907

School Cricketer
zMario said:
Sooo, has anyone joined yet?

Just played an excellent game with knife, this system looks like it will really work out!

well ive signed up - not played any games yet though

Arunava

Club Captain
It says sign up failed after i enter my Email id

untitledsi5.png

Insomniac

Title Recipient
I think you clicked sign up twice, and it thought you were signed up using the same email address.

I see your username in the system, so I'm guessing thats what happened

Ricco_M

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Right I'm signed up and ready to take my place at the bottom rung of the ladder!!

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Wow, what a game I just had with Pak_cricketer for the ladder - if it ranked games on how close they were, this would probably be up there at the very top

Me (Pakistan) and him (Sri Lanka) probably had one of the tightest ever online games.

Take a look at this -

zmarih0evpakcricketergr3.jpg

He won the toss, and decided to bat first, and Jayasuriya and Tharanga took me to the cleaners!

It was about 91-0 in 7 overs, and after 2 sixes from that over, I struck, and got rid of Tharanga.

Then, I got rid of Jayawardene for a first ball duck, and it was 103-2!

Then I got the butt kicked out of me for the rest of the innings, and he made it to 255 all out in 17.3 overs, thanks to some buggy umpiring, which was on my side

I started the chase agreesively, but lost Nazir and Hafeez early, and was 25-2 in 2.3 overs.

Then, with Younis Khan and Mohammad Yousuf at the crease, they wrestled Pakistan to around 150-2, when Yousuf was dismissed. In came Shoaib Malik, who lasted 3 balls, and Razzaq, who lasted 9 balls.

Then in came, the mecurial, Boom Boom Afridi.

Boom Boom blasted 47 off just 19 balls, which I think made the critical difference in the end, but with 49 runs to get off 4 overs (I think), he departed.

In came Kamran Akmal.

The first ball he got, was a vicious yorker, played down the ground for 2, and it was the end of the over.

Then, Muttiah Muralitharan came on. He went for 4 fours in the over, and bowled 2 noballs. Probably the turning moment in the game.

After capitializing on this moment of glory, I went on to victory, hitting Vaas off the last over of the match to extra cover for a single.

You just had to be watching it to know what a match it was :happy

sami007

Club Cricketer
i am getting the game soon...if it installs and runs i will def join up!

las_faiz

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Canada
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

sami007

Club Cricketer
ya it sucks that its such a crap-shoot for whether or not it works or not

Users who are viewing this thread