Samarth27.09

International Cricketer
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Currently we don´t know how many trophy points we need to get to a certain rank. There should be a thread with a list.

Bhai has got the point... Posting once again to draw attention..

RUDI

Administrator
Admin
SRH...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Champions League Winner
@MattW , noticed the drag & dropped images doesn't always display after posting.
This shows after posting
1024px-ballpark_in_arlington_may_2009-jpg.182962
. I've noticed these
1024px-ballpark_in_arlington_may_2009-jpg.182962
all over the site. In my personal experience only images that is uploaded via the "Upload a file" button stays.

Anyone else experiencing the same?

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Happens to me as well. Can check my U19 IPL league.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
Me too. I was under the impression that it was probably due to some network issues.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
@MattW , noticed the drag & dropped images doesn't always display after posting.
The reply field should turn grey while you've got a file hovered over it before you drop it. Having javascript disabled or interfered with by a plugin (like script blockers) might do it - and result in you just dragging and dropping the path of the file on your local machine.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
The reply field should turn grey while you've got a file hovered over it before you drop it. Having javascript disabled or interfered with by a plugin (like script blockers) might do it - and result in you just dragging and dropping the path of the file on your local machine.
See this, it's the issue. I've quoted the logos from the index page. The images seem to be broken in the post but when you reply to the particular post it has the images loaded.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
See this, it's the issue. I've quoted the logos from the index page. The images seem to be broken in the post but when you reply to the particular post it has the images loaded.
I see.

The difference between the two is that the ones that don't work don't have the 'www' in the url. The short answer is that you should access the site with the www. in the url and if you've copied a link to an image, put it in there before putting it in your reply.

The technical reason has to do with a change made to allow people to access the site using HTTPS - at PlanetCricket Forums - part of this required that all embedded items, such as images in a post, are loaded off a secure server. So now images in posts are loaded via the PlanetCricket server. In this case, because the url didn't match, it was trying to load an image on the server, via the thing for loading images from other sites, and that broke.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
I see.

The difference between the two is that the ones that don't work don't have the 'www' in the url. The short answer is that you should access the site with the www. in the url and if you've copied a link to an image, put it in there before putting it in your reply.

The technical reason has to do with a change made to allow people to access the site using HTTPS - at PlanetCricket Forums - part of this required that all embedded items, such as images in a post, are loaded off a secure server. So now images in posts are loaded via the PlanetCricket server. In this case, because the url didn't match, it was trying to load an image on the server, via the thing for loading images from other sites, and that broke.
That's working perfectly with 'www'. Thanks for the detailed answer. It perhaps gave a very useful knowledge moreover. :)

Users who are viewing this thread