Ashes Cricket 2009 v1.1 Progress Update

Kabooka

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
how mindstrom studios CR released only in PC

Becasue of the very simple reason that they did not find a suitable publisher for their very modest game. Even if this game were to be made available online via Xbox live & PSN as a stand alone arcade title , Midstorm would have to pay huge amount of royalty to Microsoft & Sony .

x Punjabi Killa

Club Cricketer
mindstrom studios CR, what big games have they released? Cricket revolution? I never heard of the game until now. Where are they based, Paskistan? lol. Yeah one big developer.

Games on PC suck, these are some of the reasons why some still like to play on PC:

1. They can pirate the game, so it costs them almost nothing.
2. They can not use the Xbox 360 or PS3 controllers.
3. They love to waste money on expensive graphic cards.
4. They love to fix bugs when things go wrong with installtions on PC, like DirectX not installed or your PC is not compatible.

gudduthemaster

International Cricketer
4. They love to fix bugs when things go wrong with installtions on PC, like DirectX not installed or your PC is not compatible.
FAIL:laugh
1.ya We can pirate Game,You can do same For Xbox(i.e CRAP BOX :D)
2.we can use PS3 and Xbox 360 controller
3.FAIL,price of Ps 3 $299,price Of 9800gt Rs 6000-7000
4.Ever Heard Of Read Me file Comes With Games,Btw DX update is better than regular Psn and xbox udate
and Pc exclusive facility
5.Modding Facility
6.Cheap games
7.Free online
8.Cant play online if you use Pirated games

Last edited:

ajnabee

School Cricketer
mindstrom studios CR, what big games have they released? Cricket revolution? I never heard of the game until now. Where are they based, Paskistan? lol. Yeah one big developer.

Games on PC suck, these are some of the reasons why some still like to play on PC:

1.Pirated games also come on Xbox 360..How uninformed are you ? And kindly don't forget the PS2 era, where piracy of PS2 game was at it's peak

2.You look Completely uninformed! kindly use Google to increase some basic knowledge level regarding console controllers being used on PC!

3.Any problems with you if we want to waste money on EXPENSIVE graphic cards :sarcasm ?

4.What about crappy firmware updates on consoles? Failure rate of Xbox and Playstation 3 disc reading and lens failure ? once again you look completely uninformed, kindly come out of the "Consoles are the best" illusion :p

Overall, all your 4 points are an epic fail! Grow up!

guna24

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

hey kid (you must be kid) please don't talk about if you don't know something...you insult PC gamers. please be with your crap box and don't talk about PC version, PC pirated copy has not affected much for game makers but your crap box pirated version forced to close some gaming studios..such as pandemic from EA

Last edited:

Cheweydog_aust

Club Cricketer
funny thing i got 1 of my video cards off ebay for $70 :eek: second hand buts works fine

anyway the only console I would buy would be the wii it is Fun :) I couldnt get off it

U gotta remember consoles have PC parts in them anyway, wii has Ati Graphics. Its just the hardware in consoles have old PC parts :eek:

the old xbox has a intel celeron for a cpu, Now celeron is a basic cpu from intel & not for gaming really u need a pentium cpu for gaming

dont know whats in the new consoles

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
This is a circular arguement and I've already asked everyone to get back on topic. If you desperately want to keep debating it start a new thread other, for the final time, get back on topic.

Giggs11

Club Cricketer
All due respect how do you expect us to get back to topic when there is nothing to discuss on this as we only get a update like every two months.

Giggs11 added 1 Minutes and 51 Seconds later...

all we can do is complain and have ago about how unfair it would be if we dont get this patch and im sure you dont want that as we have done enough of that as it is

rlfan82

Club Cricketer
Hi Guys,

Just a quick update then to let you know what I'm up to, so you don't pop your tops :). It's actually quite a lot of work getting the same patch running on consoles compared to putting out a patch for PC. Without boring you with too much detail, the main reason why is that the 2GB file that I can easily modify and patch on PC actually lives on the optical drives on consoles (ie. read only so unmodifiable). Because the patch cannot exceed 4MB for Xbox 360 updates (because of the non-HDD Arcade console), this also means the final patch has had to be much smaller than Open Beta 2 although it HAS got all the changes, just stored more efficiently, which was the hard part.

Beyond this there are specific requirements and caveats that just don't exist on PC: it's not something we can simply chose 'to put out' instantly and there's actually more work involved than you might realise! Anyway, the patch is now running nicely on consoles against the retail disks, but we're still not quite ready to submit for certification. I promise you we're not sitting on a finished patch just to psyche you guys out, it just takes a fair amount of work to produce!

The patch will be released as soon as we're able to I assure you, but there's still QA and certification to go through. The mid-October take was a prediction made back before we'd released Open Beta 1 (I believe), but of course we did more in response to feedback from the closed and open Betas. This is good, with your help we?ve improved things more than we could have hoped, but that does mean the date needed to move out slightly.

We cannot give you a definite date just yet, all we can do is keep you updated on the progress. At the moment it's release is obviously still weeks, rather than days, off but we ARE in the process of wrapping it up.

Oh by the way, if you're Melbourne based and have played the PC Beta, PS3 or Xbox 360 versions a *lot* (so you know what to look for), send me a PM if you're willing and able to come in to West Melbourne and give the game a good play on Sunday on Xbox 360 and PS3 to help make sure they're doing everything the PC version is. You'll need to be familiar with playing it with a controller rather than keyboard of course.

Anyways, back to it, I've obviously still got work to do :).

Cheers,

-Rob.

OK Lets get back on topic, whens the patch out ? ;) :doh

ulukai

Club Cricketer
read the tea leaves guys..there is no patch coming so stop getting your hopes up..we can close this thread and this game forum and look forward to the next cricket game and hope that it's good..or not..

----
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. -Albert Einstein

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
All due respect how do you expect us to get back to topic when there is nothing to discuss on this as we only get a update like every two months.

Giggs11 added 1 Minutes and 51 Seconds later...

all we can do is complain and have ago about how unfair it would be if we dont get this patch and im sure you dont want that as we have done enough of that as it is

People aren't complaining about how unfair life is. They're having a PC vs Console war.

dart-h-vader

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I just wish the patch gets released
[OFFTOPIC]: Why the hell Safari flags this site as malware infected? Anyone else has this problem on a mac?

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
Been living underneath a rock for a while, as far as AC09 is concerned.

Can anyone tell me what's happened since the 2nd Open Beta release?

Users who are viewing this thread