Ashes Cricket General Discussion

D

Deleted member 46200

Genuine question - what else would you expect a PR piece to say? It's naturally going to promote the game and hype things up.
As a PR person myself you wouldn't state if it's a 'so so' game and maybe bad... That's bad PR. However, will they make the same mistake twice... ? I hope not.

A positive from Snowy... Party time... Yippee!!!

ajamils

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Maybe I missed the details of the announcement but other than new animations and two licence team, how does this game differs from DBC17? I'm all for more cricket games but not in favor of yearly releases with little to no upgrades.

Like someone else said, BLC99 is a gold standard for cricket games till this day. EA games had a lot of good features as well and if BA just mesh them up instead if reinventing the wheel, we could get an ultimate cricket game.

D

Deleted member 46200

Maybe I missed the details of the announcement but other than new animations and two licence team, how does this game differs from DBC17? I'm all for more cricket games but not in favor of yearly releases with little to no upgrades.

Like someone else said, BLC99 is a gold standard for cricket games till this day. EA games had a lot of good features as well and if BA just mesh them up instead if reinventing the wheel, we could get an ultimate cricket game.
Maybe it comes without the bugs and problems of DBC 17... Who knows... ?

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Congrats on developing the Ashes game @BigAntSudios !!! One quick question for you or @MattW - will the game be released digitally on psn in North America? Don't want to go down the path of importing the game from Europe and waiting weeks for it to arrive.
Good to see you back..

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Too busy with NFL and Everybody's Golf to do much of anything else lately :)
Cool, this should keep you busy after couple of months..:D

I wonder how Moeen Ali's beard looks like in this game..
default_scratchchin.gif

Last edited:

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
Just heard about this. No doubt that it looks good but I guess this explains why DBC 17 seems to have been abandoned unfortunately. I'll keep an eye on this, but I definitely learned my lesson about pre-ordering last time round, and DBC 17 is still less than a year old as it is (about six months if you count the time it took to fix half of the problems it was released with), so from a personal point of view, I highly doubt I'll be spending money on another cricket game so soon, when I'm still happy playing my career mode and keeping my academy updated on DBC 17, despite its flaws. If it turns out to be a big step up in some way (apart from visually obviously), then I'll probably pick it up at some point down the line, so I'll keep an ear out for the new features and so on, but I expect for the most part I'll be sticking with DBC 17 for the immediate future. Not sure if that's just going to be me though.

CiaranH1303

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
So am I right in assuming that based on the first few screenshots, the following (Australian) grounds will be included in the game;

Men's

The Gabba, Brisbane
Adelaide Oval
WACA, Perth
MCG
SCG

Women's

Allan Border Field, Brisbane
Coffs Harbour
North Sydney Oval
Manuka Oval, Canberra

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Congrats on developing the Ashes game @BigAntStudios !!! One quick question for you or @MattW - will the game be released digitally on psn in North America? Don't want to go down the path of importing the game from Europe and waiting weeks for it to arrive.

I would hope so too. Based on DBC17, guessing that it will make to psn and Xbox store for digital copy. Fingers crossed.

Still remember that importing route I took from Dubai to NA for DBC14. Those release date days were crazier than this. :p

Reactions: DAP

Users who are viewing this thread