Ashes Cricket General Discussion

bestfriendh

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Amazing game, great job BigAnt, and all the beta testers. The feel of this game is just spot-on.
I am also loving the commentary by Mel Jones, she is really great, and adds to the atmosphere.

ryjamc11

Club Cricketer
Absolutely loving the game, but I do have one question - are we able to select long sleeves for our career player when batting, or is it just a random attribute given to players (I've noticed that it is a random quality given to players)?

Cheers guys

bharat

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
The indicator around the ball is on by default if you choose the 'Classic' controls at the initial prompt, while just the pitch marker is default if you choose 'Standard'.
Ah, that's why I didn't see it. I chose the 'Standard' controls. But even then, asking me to look at the ball marker color when I don't have it enabled doesn't seem a good UX. Anyways this is a minor thing. I can live with it happily :) Started playing casual games and this is definitely better than DBC 17 with the hard to master 'Classic' controls.

Chevo

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
My career player at the non strikers but a terrible bat pad decision and a send off.. club cricket at its finest

angad

Chairman of Consent
It does, Ross as umpire given some absolute shockers for me when bowling to the AI.

DRS was a little odd with the AI not reviewing during testing then was fixed but I'm not completely sure it's sorted now and appears to have been the issue that caused the given out but remained in bug in the last patch.

There also was a small bug that occurred once in a while where you would get caught flush off the pad and automatically be given out when batting.

But was adressed, have never seen that when bowling to AI so it may well be a dodgy decision which when DRS is sorted would have been reviewed.

I for one made a strong case that DRS is such a lovely feature but not used enough!!

I hope AI loses some reviews as well and is not always correct in taking the DRS

bl8000

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Which batting camera is batting far but does not chase the ball when you hit it?

I have sat here and cycled all my batting cameras and cannot find it.

I let the game sit when I booted it up on my ps4 and it went into the ashes demo and that camera setup is in there, looks amazing.

If I go batting fixed I am fixed but on the bowlers view.

I need this camera setting in my life because it looks amazing watching the ball fly.

Gentoras

International Cricketer
Can I have this question answered: is the BARS (DRS) in the game?
From the videos I watched, haven't it being used, also have not found where it was talked about.

Sorry if it was clarified earlier

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
From the videos I watched, haven't it being used, also have not found where it was talked about.

BARS has always been part of BA games. It is part of the game. So here it is your question answered. :)

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa

yes it is but it seems the AI does not call for BARS often at all, probably why you are not seeing it in the videos, also I think the attempt to fix that issue cause the dismissal issue in patch 1.04 (from what i have read here!)

bl8000

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I bought DBC14, almost bought 17 but lots of stuff here kept me from buying it. Ashes just looked great leading up to release, bought it on my ps4 pro and I am really enjoying it.

Couple things I wish were in it.

A way to import graphics from a usb stick

A way to view player gear from the team screen. I want to assign bats by choosing India, manage players and then give then the gear.
Instead I only see you can do it via the player edit or choose 1 bat and assign it to players through a search filter. It’s just backwards. You should be able to go to player on the team and then go to the bat menu.
Also why not have the players standing with their bat so you can see what is assigned?

Overall though this game is quite entertaining. I wish there were more cutscenes during the matches mimicing how a broadcast is. Simple one would be after you bowl it should cut to the batter in between.
Also I am seeing only one camera angle for dismissals, just a close up of the batter. I would like some of the low angle panning shots as they walk off.

The gameplay is really good so just some more polish to the overall look of what goes on during the match would be incredible.

jaffar100

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Sincere request , not to create new threads only for queries.
We have many other threads to discuss about queries and concerns.
As the thread count is increasing , it is getting difficult to track them, many important postings between threads will get missed out. Thanks!

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
I've played through a few casual matches and am absolutely loving the feel of it. However, when I view the players stats after I've played the games, the stats seem to be all wrong? For example, I scored 73 with a player and this was his highest score. However, when viewing the stats section, it says that his highest score is 114 not out despite not having any centuries?
PS4 or XBox? version of game?

Users who are viewing this thread