Bowling Guide!

Killer Nads

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Ideally the ending of the 3rd LAS rotation and movement of RAS 'up' should happen at the same time (if that makes sense).

You need to practice bowling without looking at the dial. What I did was, since the very first day I never looked at the dial while bowling but still had them switched on so that I can see how well/bad I did as soon as the delivery left my hand. I used the dials more as a feedback than as an assist. And after my first match itself I have not bowled a single no-ball (though I end up landing early more often than not).

You just have to press it once. Infact after you have pressed it, if you want to cancel that input....you need to press L1+R1 together.

Will try this out to see if it makes any difference!

----------

I was not totally sure about it but a friend of mine (silentassassin from IVG) confirmed that the speed of RAS movement did impact the speed of the delivery for him as well. However, it would be nice if others can try it out and confirm if its true or not. With so many variables involved, its really tough to pin-point the exact input that resulted in a pacy delivery :)!

I will try to keep everything else constant and just play with the speed of RAS to see if it impacts the speed of the delivery when I play tonight.

Excellent advice, Thanks!

Do you usually press the fast/slow button before pressing the button for the length of the delivery? or after during runup?

Also if you press it twice by accident would that cancel it or is the only way to cancel it by pressing L1+R1.

angad

Chairman of Consent
Do you usually press the fast/slow button before pressing the button for the length of the delivery? or after during runup?

Also if you press it twice by accident would that cancel it or is the only way to cancel it by pressing L1+R1.

Well...I have done it before the the runup as well as during the runup. I change my mind a lot when bowliing :p!

I think its safe to assume that the only way to cancel it is L1+R1 as these controls are mentioned in the guide.

awsomeDBC

School Cricketer
this is ENGINEERING bowling and batting.. :P, seriously no one thought we will be able to enjoy such depth in a cricket game atleast before 2089 :P :p

thanks @angad, i knew most of it already just by playing test matches but some of ur points were new to me so thanks for them,.,,

i learned,
i do not need to keep pressing r1 l1 ,,
3rd rotation of LAS should end at when pushing RAS,,
for pace, LS also plays part in angle of delivery,,
i can change my mind of pitching the ball during runup..

What i like to add is;
For speed with pace bowlers, i noticed if u selected yorker and u push RAS up exactly at start of green pitch meter, u will get max speedy yorker, similarly if u selected good length ball, u need to push RAS in the middle portion of green pitch meter to get max speed.. and for bouncers, u need to release the ball late by pushing RAS up when the needle reaches the end off the green portion of pitching meter,,!

my question is.. i am not able to "spin the ball" no matter how many rps.. i got 2600 rps but still the ball drifts only even on selecting correct spin.. i tried bowing shorter to notice spin but ever so slightly spin.. not like shanwarne spin or murli spin u know... have u managed to get the ball "spin" in surface instead of drifting. ?

Last edited:

ashidashraf

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@angad Are you sure about the below because I haven't noted any difference based on the speed of the movement of the analog stick..

The speed with which you move the RAS will also have an impact on the speed of the delivery

I had noticed it. The speed with which we move the RAS forward determines the pace of the ball. I noticed the speed vary a lot due to the 'force' we push the RAS forward. With M.Johnson I bowled in speeds varying from 95 KMPH to 145 KMPH.

Last edited:

imhassan

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
I had noticed it. The speed with which we move the RAS forward determines the pace of the ball. I noticed the speed vary a lot due to the 'force' we push the RAS forward. With M.Johnson I bowled in speeds varying from 95 KMPH to 145 KMPH.

I'm still not confident about this. Doesn't this depend on when you push the stick forward rather than how much force you used it to push it forward?

I'll test this when I'm home today.

ashidashraf

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'm still not confident about this. Doesn't this depend on when you push the stick forward rather than how much force you used it to push it forward?

I'll test this when I'm home today.

I believe this also accounts to it. But Pace is largely determined by speed with which we push RAS forwards.

The length is more depended on 'When' we push the RAS forwards.

When you are home, try pushing the RAS forward at a high speed. As I do this most of the time I cannot get the RAS straight as I am concentrating only on the force ,it may result in a bad ball (going wide off or on side ) with a good pace. But now I am getting good at this. Good concentration and practise is required :yes

Please try and share your feedback.

And also most of the folks here knew you are very good in spin bowling. If you can do a Tutorial on that as suggested by someone else here , its much appreciated. :cheers

Hassan Aftab

Club Cricketer
"The important thing to note here is when you move the RAS back, do not flick it and instead 'hold' it in place before you decide when to move it forward."

Are you sure it's necessary to hold it in place in order to generate pace? I ll confess I find this much tougher than flicking the RAS down before pushing it forward to deliver the ball with much better control and almost exactly the same pace.

imhassan

Club Captain
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
I believe this also accounts to it. But Pace is largely determined by speed with which we push RAS forwards.

The length is more depended on 'When' we push the RAS forwards.

When you are home, try pushing the RAS forward at a high speed. As I do this most of the time I cannot get the RAS straight as I am concentrating only on the force ,it may result in a bad ball (going wide off or on side ) with a good pace. But now I am getting good at this. Good concentration and practise is required :yes

Please try and share your feedback.

And also most of the folks here knew you are very good in spin bowling. If you can do a Tutorial on that as suggested by someone else here , its much appreciated. :cheers

I tested this and just pushing it forward gave the same pace, depending on the release position. There are so many variations in this game that just my testing along can't be enough proof because I was using a different bowler with different skills. I tried this with Umar Gul and I have also modified some stats myself in Cricket Academy.

I have the bowling tutorial in my to do list. I'll start working on it tomorrow. I have to add commentary to it as well so need some time to edit and complete it. :)

angad

Chairman of Consent
Incase anyone is interested in seeing what choosing different angles of delivery before starting run up as a pacer looks like....well here it is:

8yju7yqu.jpg

angad

Chairman of Consent
Update on bowling:

I don't think the speed with which you move RAS impacts the speed of the delivery. I tried moving it with different speeds yesterday and it had almost no impact on the final speed of the delivery.

phil1987

Club Captain
Update on bowling:

I don't think the speed with which you move RAS impacts the speed of the delivery. I tried moving it with different speeds yesterday and it had almost no impact on the final speed of the delivery.

The timing of your jump affects the speed of the delivery

Timing of release affects the length. <<This is super realistic and quite a genius concept they came up with because in real life the same thing happens. Hold the ball to long and it's a half tracker and release it early and you will pitch the ball up.

----------

[/COLOR]
Any tips for fast bowling? I am struggling to pitch the bowl up and crank up the pace too....

time your jump as late as possible and you will generate more pace but beware of no balls. (If you are bowling without the HUD)

if you are choosing 'good length' make sure your ball release (R stick up) is early and the ball will pitch closer to the batsman.

Last edited:

Frostyvegi

Club Captain
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I was under the impression it was more of a 9 o'clock - 3 o'clock input to select the widest position on the crease to release the ball at.. at least that's what I've always done to get closer or further away from the centreline.

Also with release position, when I was using the bowling tutorial mode on in match practice with the indicators, the middle of the ideal bowling area was when moving up on the RAS when the bowling arm is pointing backwards rather than up.

However, now that I think about it, I can't remember if I tried this on legend difficulty, which would actually explain a great deal.. I'll try again tonight if I think about it and report back when the best early, ideal and late positions are to 'release' the ball is for the varied difficulty levels.

awsomeDBC

School Cricketer
Update on bowling:

dont u think the real pace generates when the preSelected length (face buttons) matches the timing of moving the RAS up and meets the right point of green area of pitch meter? forexample if u selected A (good length) and take jump right and wait the other needle to reach the middle portion of "green area" then pull RAS up will generate maxpace... I checked even if u hav a perfect jump but u move the RAS up not matching the preSelected length u will not get max pace..
150 to 157km/hr i bowled at this pace on matching both length options.

thevicky

Club Captain
For me I feel like the pace at which I pull back the RAS is what controls the pace (amongst other things)...

The Forward push determines line and the timing of the forward push also determines if it is a "good" delivery (and therefore at an optimum pace)

Users who are viewing this thread