Bowling Guide!

phil1987

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
For me I feel like the pace at which I pull back the RAS is what controls the pace (amongst other things)...

The Forward push determines line and the timing of the forward push also determines if it is a "good" delivery (and therefore at an optimum pace)

The timing of your release when you push R stick up has no effect on the speed of the delivery unless you miss the whole green part all together, then your pace will drop significantly. RS UP is only for line and length

Max said his problem was pitching the ball up

If you select 'good length' deliveries and time your release on 'good pitch' every time, majority of your deliveries will go slightly over the stumps.

Instead of timing your release for 'good/ideal pitch' push R stick a tinny bit earlier for the 'full pitch' zone and you will hit that perfect length right on the bails of the stumps.

You will not lose any pace because it's an extremely subtle change in pitch length but you are still in the green zone.

Bluebagger

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Bowling leg spin the ball spins back in to a RHB even if I move the LAS in the direction for a standard break, does this happen to anyone else or am I doing something wrong?

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
When your RAS timing is wrong, system selects some random ball for delivery. Thus you can bowl a wrong un down the leg side even when you wanted to bowl a standard leg spin ball.

Bluebagger

International Coach
Which RAS timing is wrong? Because when it is perfect/perfect it still spins to the leg side as a RLB

ryandobermann

School Cricketer
Does any one Know how to change default opening bowlers ???

Everytime I vs AI pakistan or West indies they open the bowling with S.Ajmal and S.Narine ... Even in test matches .... doesn't feel like a real game at all lol

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One

Everytime I vs AI pakistan or West indies they open the bowling with S.Ajmal and S.Narine ... Even in test matches .... doesn't feel like a real game at all lol

Asking the same question in threads over and over again is not going to help. Have patience

Badzi87

School Cricketer

Press the right D-pad button when about to start n over

Jadel

Club Captain

"Default"

----------

Which RAS timing is wrong? Because when it is perfect/perfect it still spins to the leg side as a RLB

Bowl some different deliveries and look at each one after on the interactive replay. Zoom in and slow-mo to see the spin imparted and the direction of turn.

ryandobermann

School Cricketer

I'm not talking about my team I'm talking about the AI , how do I set it to defult opening bowlers for each team because as I mentioned before when i vs Pakistan or west indies they open bowling with Ajmal and Narine which is just weird especially in test matches ..

----------

Asking the same question in threads over and over again is not going to help. Have patience

The reason I did that is because I was hoping some one would read my question and hopefully someone will actually have a solution ... And posting it in different areas will help increase the chance of getting my answer as there will be more users reading the question when its in multiple threads, so I don't understand what the problem is =p

Last edited:

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I'm not talking about my team I'm talking about the AI , how do I set it to defult opening bowlers for each team because as I mentioned before when i vs Pakistan or west indies they open bowling with Ajmal and Narine which is just weird especially in test matches ..

I'm not sure about West Indies but I played a couple of Tests against Pakistan Current Generation (Pakistan CG) and Junaid & Irfan opened the bowling. In the 2nd Test Junaid and Ehasan Adil opened the bowling. Are you sure you are playing against 'Test XI' lineup? The only format in which Ajmal opens the bowling for Pakistan is T20 and I suspect you have selected T20 lineup for your Test match.

zombieian

International Coach
The reason I did that is because I was hoping some one would read my question and hopefully someone will actually have a solution ... And posting it in different areas will help increase the chance of getting my answer as there will be more users reading the question when its in multiple threads, so I don't understand what the problem is =p

I think its because he's seen other say the same thing. Some people aren't that tolerant on PC I'm afraid.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
No-one should have to be tolerant of reading the same post made in multiple places or multiple times.
Once is fine and if no-one is replying you can bump it a day later.

Guybrush Threep

Club Captain
It's worth mentioning that when swinging the ball as a pace bowler the ball starts swinging as soon as it leaves the bowlers hand. I used to think I was bowling the incorrect line and the ball would swing late, but you don't get a good view for swing from the bowling cam.

----------

You sure it's not just the drift? Good spinners will get the ball to swing in the air in the opposite direction to the rotating ball.

ian_hayden

School Cricketer
Hi folks,
Wondered what kind of revs people are getting with their spinner in career mode. I'm maxing out at 1,200rpm but feel that's a little low when compared to the real life pros. Any suggestions?

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Because in career mode you're not a pro yet. Once you build up the stats you'll do better.

Users who are viewing this thread