Console Patch 3 Release?

tazzron

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
so you bought a game without a desired feature, knowing it didn't have that feature, and now you're complaining that it doesn't have that feature?

and that's Big Ant's fault?

My complaint is the 15 months it's taken and still going to deliver a promise of something as simple as co-op. And yes, it's obviously Big Ants fault for taking this long.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Big Ant can certainly be blamed for not including co-op out of the box: admittedly I've no idea how complex that is to code but it's a standard feature and it was odd it was not in originally.

Beyond that, all they have done is committed to deliver the feature, and have never given a timescale. Anyone purchasing the game on the basis of a feature they know isn't in the game and has no timescale for delivery has nobody to blame but themselves.

The feature was delivered on PC as one of the first updates of the set that are to be termed "patch 3". That it isn't yet delivered on console is partly because of the vagaries of the platform submission but more especially because of the time spent by Big Ant delivering extras that were not promised: better AI field settings, better AI running, better AI innings pacing when chasing, additional shots.

I've had my differences with @Ross but I'm not inclined to consider it his "fault" that a feature he provided no timescale for has taken a bit longer to deliver than a couple of cry babies expected because of time spent providing big, unpromised improvements for free.

You bought a game that you knew didn't have a particular feature, and no specific timescale for delivery. It was your mistake so man up and admit it. If it's the biggest mistake you ever make, you'll have had a good life.

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
Explain the logic then? Where are the posts or advertisements or reviews saying that PS4 version had features not in PS3 aside from the graphical improvements?

Where are the posts or advertisements or reviews saying PS4 would get patch 3, including co op, before PS3?

There is no logic whatsoever to owning the game on PS3 and buying it additionally on PS4 thinking that got you patch 3. None whatsoever.

You missed the point Dave , I was never implying that any version of consoles was going to receive the patch earlier than the rest . Only that I understand his logic

and that it makes perfect sense to me that he can feel how he feels . No amount of walls of text is going to change how he and others feel about it .

Hiding behind the "I didnt say WHEN I was gonna do it" mantra is not really helping either . BA promised a feature , took their sweet time to deliver it (still holding thumbs) and now some guys are feeling a little let down by

the TIME it has taken to be forthcoming . Simple as that.

In the end we all love this game and are all continually playing it , and for that we are forever gratefull to @BigAntStudios .

tazzron

Club Captain
Big Ant can certainly be blamed for not including co-op out of the box: admittedly I've no idea how complex that is to code but it's a standard feature and it was odd it was not in originally.

Beyond that, all they have done is committed to deliver the feature, and have never given a timescale. Anyone purchasing the game on the basis of a feature they know isn't in the game and has no timescale for delivery has nobody to blame but themselves.

The feature was delivered on PC as one of the first updates of the set that are to be termed "patch 3". That it isn't yet delivered on console is partly because of the vagaries of the platform submission but more especially because of the time spent by Big Ant delivering extras that were not promised: better AI field settings, better AI running, better AI innings pacing when chasing, additional shots.

I've had my differences with @Ross but I'm not inclined to consider it his "fault" that a feature he provided no timescale for has taken a bit longer to deliver than a couple of cry babies expected because of time spent providing big, unpromised improvements for free.

You bought a game that you knew didn't have a particular feature, and no specific timescale for delivery. It was your mistake so man up and admit it. If it's the biggest mistake you ever make, you'll have had a good life.

I made no mistake. No reasonable person would think Big Ant's promise would take 15+ months to be delivered. To see what is essentially "we didn't say when" comments coming out is saddening to see. Let's refer back to this comment by Big Ant, "We have had to remove the co-op play from Patch#2 as it has required more testing and refinement. The good news is that as I promised the feature, it means we are committed to a Patch#3". If you can't infer from that that co-op must be close to being added, then I don't when anyone can ever infer anything. They had to REMOVE co-op from patch 2, so it was literally in the second patch, but they decided it needed more "testing and refinement" before it was ready. It's completely and utterly Big Ant's fault for taking this long and for not prioritising a promised feature. To blame me for assuming co-op would be added much sooner than this is ludicrous.

Daniboy95

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Everyones point of view in here seems to be correct.

Everyone bought this game with some expectation. Few people would have bought this game for Career mode with automatic stats calculation

Few people bought this game for online gaming. And few bought for other reasons. Everyone is satisfied in one or the other way.

Same way tazzron bought the game when he was under the impression that local co-op would be added to the game as promised by the developers. As they said they have removed this feature from patch 2. That may mean they want to deliver a product when it is completely tested rather than half done.

There is no one to blame here other than the console titles who have to approve the patch at this point of time.

Bigant is consistantly supporting the game with more developments even after the long time from release. That is actually a good part.

There is no use of blaming one another and it will never end at all.

All we can do now is wait for the patch to be approved. Until then we can enjoy the game as it is.

Last edited:

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'm buying the next DBC game because I read somewhere on a forum it'll have cheerleaders. If it doesn't, I'm going to start a thread complaining about how my expectations not being met are somebody else's fault. Prolly Ross.

I shall call this thread Gary.

It will be minimum four pages long and ignore common sense.

Gary.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I'm buying the next DBC game because I read somewhere on a forum it'll have cheerleaders. If it doesn't, I'm going to start a thread complaining about how my expectations not being met are somebody else's fault. Prolly Ross.

Gary.

I still can't believe I haven't had my cheese sandwich delivered that was promised with patch one

tazzron

Club Captain

Gary.

I wouldn't blame you for complaining if the feature was promised and came from the developer of the game.

Mr Snrub

International Coach
I personally usually agree with Biggs and blockerdave on a heck of a lot of things, but the handling of their argument here has been largely to insult. The other guys have been on the defensive, trying to make clear their argument, whilst blocker and Biggs are just coming at it with sarcasm, insults and condescension, calling them crybabies and all.

You bought a game that you expressly knew didn't have a feature you considered a priority, and which had no timescale for delivery.

A mistake is the politest thing that could be called.
The key here is it appears that these people considered co-op "a priority" not top priority as your point infers. It's obvious that they haven't been relentlessly "crying" (as you call it), it has been been a very long time-scale which has prompted them to voice their concerns. It seems that they've been happy to sit and wait for the promised feature for a reasonably long time.

Saying "a mistake is the politest thing that could be called", is insinuating that they're idiots or worse for having bought the game with promised co-op in mind for the future. What are these "less polite" things you could say? How about just daring to say them or not mention them at all? You guys have been here a long time and need to be aware of when people are having a courteous discussion with you and you're treating them flat out rudely, because you disagree with their view.

It's notable that you're both guys very fond of the PC version and using it a lot. It's very easy in that case to ignore the situation. You have what they don't in a format which suits yourselves.

I myself have the game on three formats, PS4, PS3 and PC. I don't use the PC version for my own good reasons, just one of which is that my friends play tournaments of it with me on PS4. I want the PS4 patch and PC isn't the answer for me.

I'm really looking forward to Patch 3, I believe it has taken too long and I believe Ross does too and is also frustrated by it. I come to that conclusion from responses given to me by him on Big Ant Forums.

These people are frustrated by it, but don't appear to hate Big Ant or Ross for it. Do they really deserve this kind of attitude, because if they escalate to insults towards either of you two, you genuinely started it.

Last edited:

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
There are three strains here:

1)Would it be reasonable to expect co-op out of the box. Answer: certainly.

2)Has delivery of patch 3 taken too long?
Answer: yes, but part of the reason it took longer was delivering unpromised big improvements to the game, so we should cut BA some slack, and knowing its in submission and waiting on clearance now is a strange time to complain about how long it's taken.

3)Is it reasonable to purchase a game that you know doesn't have a feature you value highly, having no timescale for delivery of that feature, then complain about not having that feature?
Answer: no it's bloody not, it's ridiculous.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
The key here is it appears that these people considered co-op "a priority" not top priority as your point infers.

"A priority" is a direct quote of what I said, so it's a bit rich to pretend I meant something else in the same sentence. And that's without me getting on the educating you about imply and infer... Which I won't do because I'm only 95% of a douchebag.

Though, for what it's worth @tazzron has stated before that he would prefer Big Ant delivered only co-op, much sooner, and none of the other patch 3 improvements.

Mr Snrub

International Coach
1)Would it be reasonable to expect co-op out of the box. Answer: certainly.
From a common-sense standpoint, yes. Most people seem to agree with this, although in the context of what is being stated in this thread, no-one has stated that it should have been, but feel it has taken too long for all consoles.

2)Has delivery of patch 3 taken too long?
Answer: yes, but part of the reason it took longer was delivering unpromised big improvements to the game, so we should cut BA some slack, and knowing its in submission and waiting on clearance now is a strange time to complain about how long it's taken.
It's not a strange time to talk about it. You call it complaints, call it what you will, but there was a concrete time-frame given out by Big Ant on Facebook earlier this month on the 5th. A time that has been expired since Saturday. I think it's fair to hold fairly definitive statements to account, especially when communication has been growing slowly more sparse on the subject.

3)Is it reasonable to purchase a game that you know doesn't have a feature you value highly, having no timescale for delivery of that feature, then complain about not having that feature?
Answer: no it's bloody not, it's ridiculous.
That's your opinion, but I disagree, strongly. You convieniently leave out that it's been stated by the developer that it would be coming to console as a feature around 15 months ago. That has factored into the decision making process. The person may decide to buy the game, thinking, "well in the meantime, there will be plenty of other things to keep me busy", or "the product is otherwise good and I want to support good cricket game development, I guess I can wait". It is not ridiculous or unreasonable to think that the feature stated as coming to last gen-consoles (a very long time ago) would be coming soon after the release of the current-gen version.

It's not that Big Ant have done anything unreasonable, but circumstances have caused a delay. Delays are irritating for people, the longer they go on. People are allowed to express their concerns, or are they?

"A priority" is a direct quote of what I said, so it's a bit rich to pretend I meant something else in the same sentence. And that's without me getting on the educating you about imply and infer... Which I won't do because I'm only 95% of a douchebag.
I'm not "pretending" you meant anything else in the same sentence. I'm trying to saying that it seems like you were saying that these people shouldn't have brought a product for something they considered a priority, which you put such weight on in your argument, that it seems you're suggesting it was the priority they've bought the game for. If it's just a priority (or one of a greater number) as you say now then I see no problem with them having a priority for playing co-op on the game they want to buy within a year if it's promised. By the way, you don't need to educate me on anything blocker, thanks all the same. I don't care how much of a douchebag you think you are. I don't think you are.

Though, for what it's worth @tazzron has stated before that he would prefer Big Ant delivered only co-op, much sooner, and none of the other patch 3 improvements.
That's his view and he's well entitled to it. I disagree and would like the other improvements that have been brought to PC, but fair enough if that's how he views it. I'm happy to not belittle him for it.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
This thread is amazing...

I wouldn't blame you for complaining if the feature was promised and came from the developer of the game.

They were removed. I did forecast this prior to release, sorry

Removed just like Co-Op. Maybe I should start a thread?

I win.

[HASHTAG]#BrokenPromises[/HASHTAG]

Users who are viewing this thread