Console Patch 3 Release?

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@mixz0r But there is so much more stuff than was in any prior game that you've played. There needs to be reasonable balance in this argument - I can't do more than tell you prior to purchase, it's then your decision as to whether that's a deal breaker for you.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
t's not a strange time to talk about it. You call it complaints, call it what you will, but there was a concrete time-frame given out by Big Ant on Facebook earlier this month on the 5th. A time that has been expired since Saturday. I think it's fair to hold fairly definitive statements to account, especially when communication has been growing slowly more sparse on the subject.

once it's submitted, it's kind of out of their hands, no?

The feature is demonstrably delivered, since it's been on PC a while. Big Ant decided to give us additional improvements on top, which delayed submission to console. Those improvements were significant, and the game is much better now than before. The patch is in submission and the delivery is now not in Big Ant's direct control, so there's no issue of holding them to account whatsoever.

• Expecting co-op out of the box in a sports game released in 2014: legitimate.
  • Feeling frustrated that the patch isn't out yet: legitimate, but there are mitigating factors.
  • Buying a game you know doesn't have the one feature you want then moaning about it: balls out, batshit crazy.

Last edited:

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
Thanks for the Update @BigAntStudios . And the ongoing support and feedback in this forum . It is heavily appreciated by most , and the reason why myself and alot of other will blindly buy the next iteration out of sheer respect for the new heights you have achieved in Cricket gaming.

Lets now all eagerly await the last regions release , so that this Patch 3 can finally be released , just in time for the Play offs phase of my SA Pro20 League :)

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
Agree with @tazzron and @C A Iversen. Even though personally I don't care about co-op and don't really mind the delay in patch 3, 15 months is more than a reasonable timeframe to deliver a feature which was promised. Taking shots at folks who expected co-op feature to be patched-in is not reasonable and I understand where those folks are coming from.

Dont mind mate , its actually a sort of trademark move by Biggs and Dave to allways play the man with namecalling etc. , I didnt excpect anything else to be honest.

This website is their domain , and we are all just allowed in to be spectators to their awesomeness. ;)

mixz0r

Club Captain
@mixz0rBut there is so much more stuff than was in any prior game that you've played. There needs to be reasonable balance in this argument

Oh for sure. And like I said;
it is hands down the best cricket game ever made in my opinion, supported like no other

I feel like I have been reasonably balanced!

FWIW I was only answering a query from a newbie cricket gamer!

Ahh.. sounds like fun! Thanks for the info man.

Have we ever had this feature before in any other cricket games?

No worries!

Yeah, every cricket game that I've ever played at least.

At no point have I been a proponent of the argument.

Last edited:

angad

Chairman of Consent
Edit:
Kindly ignore....got the answer to my query in a youtube video.

Crybabies....you may continue your rant!!

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I have a QS...Can we play co-op online as well or is it only local co-op? Also if it is possible to play online, is it 2P Vs Ai, or is 2P-vs-2P is also possible?
The patch adds:
2 local vs 1 remote on 1 console
1 local vs 2 remote on 1 console
2 local vs 2 remote on 1 console
1 local and 1 remote vs AI
2 local vs AI
2 local vs 1 local
2 local vs 2 local

In other words, online there can only be two machines involved.

S

salter

I've a question! :) for biggs.. Mate have you ever pulled a ligament or sprained a knuckle while typing on these forums? Haha I genuinely feel you waste your intelligence and time being on these forums all the time mate you've got a great vocabulary and a myriad of sayings and clever little words!.. and I agree with the person arguing with biggs! :)

tassietiger420

Club Captain
@BigAntStudios I really appreciate the response. DBC14 has far and away been the best cricket game to date and I didn't want this to turn so negative. I think most of the negative comments on here have stemmed from basic frustration that we were given a time frame of 2 weeks that has now passed and it does seem like it's rubbing it in a bit when PC players who already have the fully updated version are telling people to stop worrying about it. The reasons behind the delays make sense and I for one understand that you must also be frustrated now that it is out of your hands and taking so long. Once it releases I'm sure we'll be happy little Vegemites again.

Mr Snrub

International Coach
I think in general, most people who like co-op in this thread have been doing little more than venting some disappointment at the time-frame.

I see a lot of praise for Big Ant, there seems to be a lot of gratitude for what we do have so far. Most people seem to know it's off in the approvals stage and there's not really very much Big Ant or anyone else can do right now about that.

I don't think anyone has been accusing Big Ant of breaking a promise or calling them anything nasty. As long as people are still being more or less fair, not spreading mis-information and not putting words in each others mouths, then I don't see where there's any harm being done.

I'm pleased to see that others are as eager to try out the many features of Patch 3 as I am. I don't know that it would be that great to see that people were apathetic about Patch 3 on console and then when it came out no-one blinked or posted for a month because they just didn't care.

Sure, it's a bit of a whinge about a long wait. It's a distraction and an opportunity to see if others are hanging out for it as much as you are. It's not whinging for the sake of whinging, so I don't understand the defensiveness of some.

Mr Snrub

International Coach
Edit:
Kindly ignore....got the answer to my query in a youtube video.

Crybabies....you may continue your rant!!

Well, if they'll let out right insults with no real other point in here, it really must be open slather to say anything.

angad

Chairman of Consent
Maybe Ross should stop promising anything 'early September'. It always translates into chaotic events here :p

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Too busy playing local Co-Op with my cat... he's kicking my ass. [HASHTAG]#CatProblems[/HASHTAG]

Chief

Panel of Selectors
As long as people are still being more or less fair, not spreading mis-information and not putting words in each others mouths, then I don't see where there's any harm being done.

These are also the reasons I skip most threads now - the drama's been in its pajamas far too long IMO. :)

Users who are viewing this thread