Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

angad

Chairman of Consent
Online Cricket Games Owned
The game is good, but it is not great. A lot of bugs, some game-breaking, and on the PlayStation, there is an issue of career mode saves getting corrupted randomly.

So if you are, like me, going to play just career mode then stick with Cricket 19 until they fix this. I've had to create 3 career modes so far, it seems to get corrupted after you have a press conference, could be a coincidence or maybe that is the actual issue.

But gameplay-wise, it is good to play. If you can look past the bugs, then get it, if not wait it out. Some bugs that I've noticed, to give you an idea of what you might face-
Issues with shots, the game seems to change your shots like you decide to play a cut shot but the game changes it into a cover drive. You play a straight drive and it changes into an on/off-drive. Cover drive with pace bowlers almost always reaches the fielder but with spinners, you can execute perfect cover every single time. Sometimes you play a square cut, the game decides to play a pull shot animation but the ball gets dispatched like a square cut??? Hair sticking out of helmets, cancelling the run or completing a dive will still trigger weird animations which will get you run out, bowlers running in with disjointed bodies, ball (and marker) sometimes completely disappear for an entire over, a broken wagon wheel (which only shows the shots from the first 50 runs I think) and a few more.

For a complete list of bugs, there is a thread in this section, you can look at that, there is a new bug reported almost every day. But it happens with games that are newly launched.

These should get fixed in a few weeks' time, hopefully.
Agree with this! Game has bugs but also has a lot of positives over 19. The modes of dismissals I have had in this game make it so much more fun! Leading edge off broad caught at point! Looked so good and smooth in the replay too (
)

Test matches are really fun in the game! Loving it so far

Last edited:

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Tbh it's better than cricket 19 in most ppl opinion
I would agree. C19 is a mess with the keeper, slow fielders, over throws etc. C22 has lot more variable dismmisals. Batting is smooth. Except for the offside part which also we cna play provided we have enough width. The fielding needs a lot of work. But I played a test match online. And it was pure joy. Obviously the game has its issues but definitely would rate it better than C19.

Sweppy12

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Haven’t bought the game yet as waiting for it to be ironed out a bit, but do you guys recommend getting it on steam or ps5?

Harigoks

County Cricketer
Haven’t bought the game yet as waiting for it to be ironed out a bit, but do you guys recommend getting it on steam or ps5?
You can get it on pS5. It is smooth and in pretty okay shape. I'm not sure about steam but I use PS5, so I can vouch for it excluding the bugs and ants.

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Any Xbox users here?. What is the game like on that platform?.

dont waste ur money .... no patching on xbox so far due to xyz reason and when those will fix no idea. so either play c19 or buy c22 with ps5
Post automatically merged:

I would agree. C19 is a mess with the keeper, slow fielders, over throws etc. C22 has lot more variable dismmisals. Batting is smooth. Except for the offside part which also we cna play provided we have enough width. The fielding needs a lot of work. But I played a test match online. And it was pure joy. Obviously the game has its issues but definitely would rate it better than C19.

ask from those who playing c22 on xbox ... hahaha

Sahil70

Club Captain
dont waste ur money .... no patching on xbox so far due to xyz reason and when those will fix no idea. so either play c19 or buy c22 with ps5

Hmm just as I thought.☹️ Think I'll get Halo infinite instead

Nigel Jones

School Cricketer
Are these patches ACTUALLY fixing anything.!!!
You've got fielders slowly jogging then picking the ball and and either just facing the crowd or running over the boundary, players walking through the stumps AND wicketkeeper the fielding mechanism comes up once every now and then and when it's normal fielding it goes to the Keeper even if you press circle for the bowlers end. The user stats haven't been right in any of the previous games and its still not been addressed All I ever see in the updates on PS4 is "stability improvements" WHAT IMPROVEMENTS

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
What is the purpose of Fatigue management in Career mode? Do we actually get to see the player health or fatigue before and after games? Do we see it after a rest session??

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
What is the purpose of Fatigue management in Career mode? Do we actually get to see the player health or fatigue before and after games? Do we see it after a rest session??
including this, there are lots of feature in the game, which are not active or bugged...

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Not really sure, I get it on steam personally. There's not much difference between the two. A separate academy only download will come to steam eventually as per a tweet from Ross. If you want some online action, console might be better though (larger player count) but don't quote me on that.

caprikaps

Club Captain
You can get it on pS5. It is smooth and in pretty okay shape. I'm not sure about steam but I use PS5, so I can vouch for it excluding the bugs and ants.
Aren't you getting frame rate issues in night games, its there on PS5 as well I guess?

Users who are viewing this thread