Cricket Academy PC Troubleshooting

WaveringSiggy

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Just wondering if there has been any information about pc specs for DBC17? I am hoping I can play it on my laptop instead of buying a xbox. I can run the academy on medium settings with hardly any lag. Hope someone knows something. @BigAntStudios

BRAB

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Academy just started consistently crashing for me after I hit "a" on the splashscreen. Not really sure what could have caused it as it was working fine an hour ago.

BRAB

International Coach
Academy just started consistently crashing for me after I hit "a" on the splashscreen. Not really sure what could have caused it as it was working fine an hour ago.

@MattW Tried to do all the normal stuff (game cache, current drivers ect.) and still no dice.

Attached is the DBC17 zip if you guys don't mind having a quick peak at it next week. Much appreciated.

Attachments

• Don Bradman Cricket 17.zip
    396.1 KB · Views: 179

HBK619

Big Ant Studios
Big Ant
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@MattW Tried to do all the normal stuff (game cache, current drivers ect.) and still no dice.

Attached is the DBC17 zip if you guys don't mind having a quick peak at it next week. Much appreciated.
We'll have a look at it asap.

papalazarou

Club Captain

I'm having the same problem after the latest update. Seems to crash to desktop after it says "Reading Logo Data".

I'll attach my DBC17 zip.

Cheers.

Attachments

315.5 KB · Views: 189

BRAB

International Coach
I'm having the same problem after the latest update. Seems to crash to desktop after it says "Reading Logo Data".

Cheers.

That's really interesting.

You didn't happen to have a crash just before this did you? or play on one of my created stadiums?

Anyways, I'm sure HBK will be in contact with you. BigAnt are fantastic with this stuff :)

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One

Cheers.

I think it's save file related. If you remove your save file and then run the game it will work but you will have to 're download your assets from the server. It worked for me that way.

papalazarou

Club Captain
That's really interesting.

You didn't happen to have a crash just before this did you? or play on one of my created stadiums?

Anyways, I'm sure HBK will be in contact with you. BigAnt are fantastic with this stuff :)

No crash before. I do have some of your stadiums and have played them without any trouble thusfar. I've also shared a couple of my own stadium creations.

I think it's save file related. If you remove your save file and then run the game it will work but you will have to 're download your assets from the server. It worked for me that way.

Yeah, seems your right about the save file issue. Had to remove the entire folder from my games to get back in and reset my password as I forgot it again!

I guess I've lost the stadiums I was working on and hadn't yet shared. Oh well, back to the drawing board.

Thanks for the help guys.

BRAB

International Coach
No crash before. I do have some of your stadiums and have played them without any trouble thusfar. I've also shared a couple of my own stadium creations.

Yeah, seems your right about the save file issue. Had to remove the entire folder from my games to get back in and reset my password as I forgot it again!

I guess I've lost the stadiums I was working on and hadn't yet shared. Oh well, back to the drawing board.

Just make sure you keep that folder as they might be able to recover your save files

flake

County Cricketer
@HBK619 Please have a look at my zip file. I really don't know what's going on, just slowed down my game massively (unplayable) after 0.80.

Attachments

1.3 MB · Views: 212

HBK619

Big Ant Studios
Big Ant
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

We've had a look into your save file and it appears something has gone wrong with your logo data. We believe we've fixed the crash associated with it, but that may have resulted in a loss of some data. Your stadiums should still be there and usable however.

We're hoping to get an update out soon to rectify this problem. We'll alert you as to when this is out.
@HBK619 Please have a look at my zip file. I really don't know what's going on, just slowed down my game massively (unplayable) after 0.80.
Do you have any examples of where this occurs or appears the worst? ie gameplay? Menus? Player creation? Logo editing? Stadium editing? Have you tried changing various graphics settings to see if performance improves?

flake

County Cricketer
We've had a look into your save file and it appears something has gone wrong with your logo data. We believe we've fixed the crash associated with it, but that may have resulted in a loss of some data. Your stadiums should still be there and usable however.

We're hoping to get an update out soon to rectify this problem. We'll alert you as to when this is out.

Do you have any examples of where this occurs or appears the worst? ie gameplay? Menus? Player creation? Logo editing? Stadium editing? Have you tried changing various graphics settings to see if performance improves?
Yes I have tried changing settings but to no avail.It's in the main menu as soon as the game starts. Hopefully a new update will sort it. We'll see.

flake

County Cricketer
Trying to use an Imac now. Downloaded the necessary things to play it on the mac and it even downloaded all 6.6 gb ...to fail at launch ...There goes 6 hours of my night.

Users who are viewing this thread